Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sixkeys

Ordering Silgranit online

sixkeys
9 years ago

I originally was going to get my Silgranit sinks from a local plumbing store. Their price is as good as online, and I liked the fact that I could just return it to the store if there was one of those rare defects in shipment that I've read about.

Well, my lead time just got sped up and the local store won't get it to me on time (unless I pay $75 each for freight).

My next reasonable option is to get them from Amazon, who I trust, shipped directly from Blanco. The price is about $30 more but then I can get it in 2 days because I have Prime. Does this seem ok? I imagine that if it comes cracked, Amazon would pay to ship it back.

Also, any tips on inspecting these sinks when they do arrive?

Thanks!

Comments (12)

• martinkk333
    9 years ago

I got all three of mine online, 2 super singles and a prep sink. All packaged very well. No issues at all. Which sink are you getting? I think my sinks are my favorite thing in my new kitchen.

• sixkeys
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good news! Our local company worked it out to put our order on another shipment, so we don't have to pay freight and it will arrive in about a week. We ordered a super single, a performa for our prep sink, and another one (not sure which...) for our laundry sink. So exciting!

Any info on inspecting the sinks would still be greatly appreciated!

• kksmama
    9 years ago

I think I read something about dusting them with flour (before install) to highlight any tiny cracks. I didn't do it though, and didn't have any problems. However, I also didn't buy or insist that my contractor use sink setters and wish I had done so;I didn't like the way his installers improvised. But so far, so good.

• browniepie
    9 years ago

Got mine from Amazon with no problems, although the box was ginormous!!

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    9 years ago

Browniepie - OMG that photo is fabulous!

• thepeppermintleaf
    9 years ago

DH got ours from homeperfect... he said they were significantly cheaper there than anywhere else online. We got our sinks (super single and large silgranit) quickly, and they were well packaged w/ no cracks.

• Marc Johnson
    9 years ago

Another vote for HomePerfect ... My Precis 32x19 was $50 less than HD ($70 less than Lowes) ... no shipping, and no tax, so actually was more like $80 less. My KD/cabinet guy could have gotten for $371 but would have to charge tax.

Arrived fast, in perfect condition, easy as pie to order.

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

I ordered my Swanstone low 70/30 divide granite sink from HD.com (their is a lot of great stuff online not carried in their stores). It was $550 at the local plumbing supply house and got it for $264 and one of my favorites things in my redo.

Laughed out loud of the photo of that huge box and ours arrived perfect in a huge box too and well packed with no damage at all.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

That box is a whole lot bigger than the one ours came in. It was the OEM packaging but there wasn't a lot of styrofoam in there and the box made it look like the trip was "fun." The sink was undamaged though at least.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

"Browniepie - OMG that photo is fabulous!"

Agreed. Let's hope this is the start of a trend.

• Skyangel23
    9 years ago

I ordered from Homeperfect as well, since it was so much cheaper. There was defect in my sink; they sent me another one and took care of the shipping for the sink with the issue. If you order online, take pictures of the box and of the sink in the packaging. They will need it if there is a claim.

Amazon, though, if you need it really fast, is a good source. They are great about returns. I would buy anything from them with confidence.

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    9 years ago

I've always ordered my sinks from homeandstone. The prices are competitive, though not rock-bottom. (I am on my 3rd Silgranit sink in 3rd house and ordered all three from homeandstone). The sink comes in the OEM box, which is inside another much larger box, and the space between the two boxes is lined with foam. The sink in this packaging appears to be completely inert, so that it would be difficult--even if the large box were to be thrown around--for the sink to be damaged. Also, the orders come within 2 days of ordering.

I always phone in my order, for sinks as well as appliances or anything large and expensive for my kitchen. I like this better than filling out the online form. When I place the order over the phone, I get a real person, who can tell me if the item is in stock, and when it will arrive.