Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kai615

Anyone have copper counters that are naturally patinaed?

kai615
10 years ago

Hi Everyone.

I am completely torn for counters in my DIY kitchen. I am leaning heavily toward copper either on just one or possibly both, but don't want the shiny copper look. I have searched and searched the web and can find plenty of "made to order by designer" patinas.... and plenty of "I just finished my DIY copper counters"... but I can't find anything that will show me what they look like after a bit of use.

In my head they are beautiful.... but so was 4 of the stain colors I just tested that turned out hideous. So if anyone out there has copper counters and is willing to share a photo, you would really be helping me out.

Also, to help me decide on one or two counters.... hubby's concern with copper on all work surfaces is I garden lots and do lots of canning. Most of my canning is not vinegar based, but some of it is and around then there can be lots of vinegar based stuff spilled on the counter. In my mind this will add to the natural patina, his fear is that it will end up blotchy as I don't "spill even". So my question is, do you treat your copper counter space differently? Knowing I tend to spill vinegar all over my counter for a month or so every year would you recomend I only do one counter and keep my island a different material which is more vinegar friendly?

Thanks in advance.
Kalindi

Comments (10)