Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dining table with wheels

Posted by sararoseny (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 17:48

Hi!

I am building a new kitchen with a small eat in kitchen. We are installing a corner bench. We want to get or make a dining table on wheels so we can easliy pull it in and out to sit down. We also want to be able to wheel it back aganst the bench when the area is not in use. I prefer a pedestel table so that the legs won't get in the way and we can push it all the way back to overlap the bench. I'm looking for a 3'x5' table. I was thinking about having the table made with a Ceaserstone top to match the countertop.

Does anyone have ideas for where I can purchase such a table? The kitchen is pretty modern.

Is making one feasbile? Can they put wheels under a pedestal that can hold up a block of Ceaserston?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Sara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dining table with wheels

Hi Sara,

If the table legs are wooden, you can usually retrofit a number of styles of casters on them. For a pedestal table, I assume the issue would be one of balance - making sure the pedestal is wide and sturdy enough to carry the weight of such a heavy table top. Because of that, you might have to choose between the caesarstone and the wheels..? Or work out some kind of x-legs that flare out from the bottom of the pedestal, perhaps.

If you have a local carpenter, check with them to see about the possibilities; you're more likely to get value for your dollar having it custom made (plus getting exactly what you want) than finding something online.

If space is crucial, there's always the tabletop that folds down from the wall, as was so popular in the 1920's. They still make that hardware too.

Have fun!

o

You might be able to find something industrial, it could look very cool in a modern kitchen.

o

We have the stainless Quovis table from Design Within Reach. Modern kitchen, love the look, indestructible with kids.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quovis Table

o

Notice the locking wheels on that amazing Quovis table. If you want your table to be easy to move, make sure it has locking wheels for when you DON'T want it to move!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here