Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Powder Coating oven door?

Posted by mrsfireman (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 17:29

Has anyone powder coated their oven door? I would like my oven door to have a color, but I'm not sold on any that I've seen . I like the white on this one, but am concerned it would clash with the ramsjo white cabinets I'd like to use. My husband seems to think we should just buy the range we like In stainless and take it to a professional and have the door powder coated in any color we choose. Thoughts? ?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Powder Coating oven door?

Funny, my husband had this exact idea. I'll be interested to see if anyone else has done it.

o

I'm sure a qualified powder coat company could do it for you, although you would need to dis-assemble and re....
... Or you could get a Bluestar, and have any color you want from the factory ;)

o

Cty, thanks for responding. I would like to stay around 3500 for a 36 gas range, maybe I'm wrong but I thought bluestar would cost quite a bit more? I haven't actually priced one.

o

Anybody else?? You all are so creative, someone must have done this?

o

Hi mrsfireman, maybe check over on the appliances forum? Sorry can't help you out but I would maybe ask the store first whether doing something like that might have an impact on the warranty. Good luck!

o

I wonder if that would void the warranty?

o

Well, now I don't have to worry about it, I am the proud new owner of a 1950s 40inch wedgewood😀 I'm very excited! Thanks for those of you who took time to answer. I am going to hop on over to the appliance forum and see what I can learn about the stove I just bought.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here