Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azlady

Does this back splash go?

Sharon kilber
14 years ago

Would like some help on my back splash. Opinions please. Does this go with my granite? Thanks sharaz

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (15)

• marci.r
    14 years ago

Yes, I am very good with colors and all the tiles blend with your countertop.

• mamalynn
    14 years ago

I think it goes very well and will be a quiet backdrop to your beautiful granite.

• akrogirl
    14 years ago

I guess I will be the voice of dissent here - sorry. I think the tiles are too similar in color to your granite and do nothing to show it off. My monitor is also showing a slightly pinkish cast to the tile versus the more golden tones of your granite.

I really like the sage green paint sample on the wall and think a subway tile in that color would look wonderful.

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

It depends on what you are going for: if you are going for a suble shift in color and texture, I think it looks great. Its a step different than having a countertop and backsplash in matching material.

If you are going for higher contrast, you may be disappointed at how it blends in when its installed.

I tend to go for lower contrast because there will be plenty of stuff that goes On the counters in a kitchen, so I would agree with the direction you are going.

• colibri5
    14 years ago

I think it looks great! I love the look of granite with the tumbled stone, which is why I chose it myself. If you think the colors are too similar, though, you could try a lighter stone. But the two natural surfaces together are wonderful.

• jb1176
    14 years ago

My preference would be for something contrasting. Both the tile and the counter are beautiful on their own, but together they are too much the same. Just my honest opinion.

• steff_1
    14 years ago

It does go with your countertop, but is a little too closely matching. If it is a little pink as one poster mentioned, it will look really off. Recommend you at least look at a tile with a little more contrast.

• tabteacher
    14 years ago

shar-az-I really like your granite. Could you tell me the name of it? Thanks.

• Sharon kilber
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi. Thanks for all the comments. I, was thinking also that it might match to well. Akrogirl, green is my favorite color. Will have to bring some green tiles home. Have a great night! sharaz

• Sharon kilber
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi. tabteacher. The name of my granite is golden dune. We really like it. sharaz

• plants4
    14 years ago

The multiple stone look is nice in that the stones are pretty and you get more of them. But this is one look that will look dated.

And, it takes away from the granite to have something else that's the same "texture" (mottled natural stone) as well as the same color.

That's why a "classic" look is something that is plain (white tile) or colorful (bright colored tiles). The contrast works. This will be pretty stones that will all blend together and look muddy. Yes, lots of people have that look but, as I said, it will look dated soon enough.

• User
    14 years ago

Shar--your choices look great together. If that's the look you love, go for it.

• marybeth1
    14 years ago

I LOVE your granite and I love tumbled stone. If you think it blends too much you could go lighter I did.

• Sharon kilber
    Original Author
    14 years ago

marybeth1. Your back splash, looks great. I, loved the way you, mixed the light with the dark. Very nice. sharaz

• marybeth1
    14 years ago

Sharaz, Thank you. The field tile is all the same color of travertine. I wanted to lighten things up with all the wood so I added the limestone mosaics. Your username makes me want a nice glass of Shiraz. LOL!