Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
princessmoxie

Caesarstone White Ash vs. Cambria New Quay Countertops?

Suzi B
11 years ago

Hello all, and thank you in advance for any advice! I was overjoyed (and amazed) to find the taupe/green/gray/brown/cream/white combo in Cambria's "New Quay" quartz.... BUT, as many of you are aware, Cambria is having trouble meeting product demand, and I'm considering going with Caesarstone's readily-available White Ash. Is anyone familiar enough with these two designs, and would you have any insight as to whether White Ash is just as nice as New Quay?

Comments (14)

• modern_mom35
    11 years ago

they are both beautiful, but I think pretty different choices. White Ash is more speckled to me. I have seen a large slab of New Quay and, while beautiful, it is much darker than I thought it would be. I have not seen White Ash - just going off Google image.

we had no trouble getting our Cambria Torquay on time, but that might be because we are from Minnesota where it is manufactured. not that it will help you at this point, but Cambria is planning to double the size of their factory by next year to keep up with consumer demand.

good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cambria

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

I know that Four is still waiting for her Cambria - we had no difficulty (other than the avalanche)
    Also from the MW - so might make a difference.

• rovo
    11 years ago

I looked at both, too, and fwiw, thought the New Quay was much nicer. Beautiful colors, realistic and lots of depth. I agree that the white ash is specklier (smaller, more uninform movement) and looked more modern to me. Hth.

• hags00
    11 years ago

I just got my Cambria installed today, 3 weeks after templating although I did not choose one of the most popular patterns.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

hag Yeah!! Have you posted pictures?

• Suzi B
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for the ideas. They are decidedly different choices, the White Ash being more modern for sure. I'm aiming to have the kitchen appeal to a broad audience in case we want to sell the house, but want it to be beautiful until such time! If the skeleton of the house didn't scream Traditional, we would be happy to go Mod. As for waiting, location may well be an important factor. Odd experience: last week I visited a granite/quartz yard nearby, where the main guy showed me 4 orders on paper for New Quay that he expected soon (after 2-month wait). So I visited again just a few days ago and all of the slabs were in.... I suggested via email to the salesman at the affiliated store that I purchase the remnants instead of buying new, as our layout lends itself to smaller pieces. Still no response, which I'm assuming means "not interested." If that's the case, I wonder why? I'd think he'd be happy to be paid twice for each slab. And it would be great for me since I know the material is in! So really it's simply frustration that is making me look again at the Caesarstone (plus, I'd like to be DONE already).... wish I could find more photos of others' kitchens with White Ash but it seems not to be too popular. Anyway, I enjoy reading about people's varied experiences and helpful thoughts on the topic of kitchen reno's. Much appreciated!

• Suzi B
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, peonybush! I came across your pics when I did a New Quay search on this forum, and they helped me decide to follow up on it. Your kitchen looks gorgeous, and I hope you subscribe to the saying "imitation is the finest form of flattery," because I may use your backsplash tiles as well :)

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Thanks princess...glad you like the backsplash and the new quay. Oh that backsplash...what a hunt that was!

• linda_222
    10 years ago

I have a customer that is replacing an older Cambria, color is Chatham with "hopefully" New Quay. She has her heart set on using green, either on her cabinets or walls. I'm trying to steer her toward a white or creamy white cabinets and using the color application on the walls. I only viewed the New Quay today in the warehouse briefly but, loved it. I was somewhat comforted to read princessmoxie's post which described it as possessing "green" (I didn't see green at all). So what do those of you that are familiary with New Quay think about green, as long as it's a taupe green, it would work right? I've never worked with Cambria before and am assuming colors vary slab to slab as with granite?

• drewstraw
    7 years ago

what is the name of the subway tile backsplash and where did you find it?

• peonybush
    7 years ago
    The subway tile is from Classic Mosaics..Pietra Art China Collection. It is a white honed marble.
    I had the installer put 2 coats of sealant on it right after install and then another coat several months later.
    Honed marble can be very absorbent...better safe than sorry. The sealant in no way affects the tile. It keeps the honed marble look.
  • Phyllis Kincaid Carvalho
    6 years ago
    Just installed New Quay countertops but I am looking for a new cabinet color.
  • Phyllis Kincaid Carvalho
    6 years ago
    I love this color but can’t locate the color.
Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths