Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What knobs with RH Aubrey pulls?

Posted by maggie530 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 16:59

I received a sample of the RH Aubrey pull and really loved the weight and finish on it, but they don't make a coordinating knob. I've looked at what some other people have done and I don't feel like glass knobs or the same pulls vertically would work in my kitchen. (Please feel free to disagree with me!)

What do you think of the Lugarno knob with the Aubrey pull?

Here's my kitchen with the soapstone unoiled.

photo kitchenall-pic1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What knobs with RH Aubrey pulls?

Restoration Hardware does make an Aubrey knob.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aubrey Knob

o

Our kitchen has RH Aubrey pulls and Aubrey knobs, they go very well together.

o

I used the Gilmore knobs with the Aubrey pulls.

o

A key advantage of Restoration Hardware knobs and pulls imho, is how you can mix and match them to your liking. Of course it doesn't hurt that their made from brass, and have lovely designs.

The Lugarno Knob at 1" or 1 1/4" is a beauty: lovely lines around it's circumference and a chic base. It seems a little less severe, more soft, than it's matching Lagarno Pull, which is a classy pull in and of itself.

The Aubrey Pull is very popular due to it's simplicity and top mount four screws and variable lengths. I think the Lugarno Knob can go with the Aubrey Pull, but honestly, there is a slight mismatch between the latters simple design and the formers dressiness. The Aubrey Knob is very simple and classic, yet some might want a dressier knob such as the Lugarno to go with it's Pull.

Caveat: I love RH hardware due to it's weight and design and recently installed Aubrey Knobs and Bistro Pulls and am very happy.

Tip: All RH Knobs, no matter what finish, come with a brass screw. So if you order a different finish, keep this point in mind. Also, all pulls come with a 3/4" screw as most cabinet doors are 1/2". If you have 3/4" frameless cabinet doors, you will need to buy longer screws, like 1".

Lovely kitchen. RH Hardware will look great. Enjoy!

This post was edited by SparklingWater on Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 23:08

o

I just love my Aubrey pulls! The only knobs I used were little glass ones from Rejuvenation. Redroze used the Gilmore pull with her Aubrey pulls. She's not around anymore so I'll link her kitchen below. It's a beauty!

P.S. I do think glass knobs would work in your kitchen.

P.P.S. RH does make an Aubrey knob.

P.P.P.S. I'm not a knob person so, except for the little glass on my dish hutch, I used the Aubrey pulls horizontally on all my upper and lower drawers and doors instead of knobs. Love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Redroze's kitchen

This post was edited by breezygirl on Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 2:14

o

That's crazy! I don't know how I got it so wrong. I called my local Restoration Hardware because they don't carry them in the store anymore and only had some available to show. I asked if they had the Aubrey knobs and I swear he told me that they were discontinued. I've been on motion sickness medication for vertigo though, and that does make me a little bit loopy! Thank you to everyone for correcting me :)

Now to start looking through your suggestions.

o

Just a heads up...my restoration hardware pulls are not installing smoothly. I have done some research on this forum after the fact and discovered that I am not alone. The screws are breaking off into the cabinet. We tried predrilling and all kinds of tricks (professionally installed not diy). Apparently the screws are brass and soft? Anyhow, before you fall in love (as I did), just check on that particular product and if the screws have a history of breaking. Once a screw breaks off into your cabinet drawer...it is kind of a problem.

o

Just a heads up...my restoration hardware pulls are not installing smoothly. I have done some research on this forum after the fact and discovered that I am not alone. The screws are breaking off into the cabinet. We tried predrilling and all kinds of tricks (professionally installed not diy). Apparently the screws are brass and soft? Anyhow, before you fall in love (as I did), just check on that particular product and if the screws have a history of breaking. Once a screw breaks off into your cabinet drawer...it is kind of a problem.

o

Thanks Addycal. That's part of the reason we just switched from the Aubrey, although we stayed with Restoration Hardware. I would have been interested in trying other companies but I only found internet resources and I wanted to see the handles in person. (There's a Restoration Hardware in my neighborhood.)

As much as I LOVE the Aubrey, I went with the Bistro because I was afraid of needing to switch out screws and the Aubrey has four screws from the front, so it really matters that they match the pull perfectly. I went with the Bistro so that if I switched out screws, it would be easier. I was also just afraid of wanting a different look years down the road and being unable to change them because of the four screw holes.

I hope I made the right decision.

o

I'm sorry Addycal for your troubles with the RH brass pull screws. At 3/4" long, that doesn't give much lea way for the Pull installation. Some of the knob screws had lines for breakage. Are they there with the Pull screws too? I wonder if a 1" similar screw might help.

We did change out from RH pull screws for our Bistro Pulls. They went on fine with use of a template and design. No mess ups. One inch long, same style screw. An old trick to avoid rear cabinet door wood breakage is to take a piece of wood and place it directly behind where the hole will be drilled, drill with the bit going all the way through the extra piece of wood. Voila, your rear cabinet door hole is smooth as silk and pro-looking.
Maggie, I think you'll like the Bistro.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here