Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggie530

What knobs with RH Aubrey pulls?

maggie530
10 years ago

I received a sample of the RH Aubrey pull and really loved the weight and finish on it, but they don't make a coordinating knob. I've looked at what some other people have done and I don't feel like glass knobs or the same pulls vertically would work in my kitchen. (Please feel free to disagree with me!)

What do you think of the Lugarno knob with the Aubrey pull?

Here's my kitchen with the soapstone unoiled.

Comments (10)

• marthastoo
    10 years ago

Restoration Hardware does make an Aubrey knob.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aubrey Knob

• calumin
    10 years ago

Our kitchen has RH Aubrey pulls and Aubrey knobs, they go very well together.

• pps7
    10 years ago

I used the Gilmore knobs with the Aubrey pulls.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

I just love my Aubrey pulls! The only knobs I used were little glass ones from Rejuvenation. Redroze used the Gilmore pull with her Aubrey pulls. She's not around anymore so I'll link her kitchen below. It's a beauty!

P.S. I do think glass knobs would work in your kitchen.

P.P.S. RH does make an Aubrey knob.

P.P.P.S. I'm not a knob person so, except for the little glass on my dish hutch, I used the Aubrey pulls horizontally on all my upper and lower drawers and doors instead of knobs. Love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Redroze's kitchen

This post was edited by breezygirl on Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 2:14

• maggie530
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's crazy! I don't know how I got it so wrong. I called my local Restoration Hardware because they don't carry them in the store anymore and only had some available to show. I asked if they had the Aubrey knobs and I swear he told me that they were discontinued. I've been on motion sickness medication for vertigo though, and that does make me a little bit loopy! Thank you to everyone for correcting me :)

Now to start looking through your suggestions.

• addycal75
    10 years ago

Just a heads up...my restoration hardware pulls are not installing smoothly. I have done some research on this forum after the fact and discovered that I am not alone. The screws are breaking off into the cabinet. We tried predrilling and all kinds of tricks (professionally installed not diy). Apparently the screws are brass and soft? Anyhow, before you fall in love (as I did), just check on that particular product and if the screws have a history of breaking. Once a screw breaks off into your cabinet drawer...it is kind of a problem.

• addycal75
    10 years ago

Just a heads up...my restoration hardware pulls are not installing smoothly. I have done some research on this forum after the fact and discovered that I am not alone. The screws are breaking off into the cabinet. We tried predrilling and all kinds of tricks (professionally installed not diy). Apparently the screws are brass and soft? Anyhow, before you fall in love (as I did), just check on that particular product and if the screws have a history of breaking. Once a screw breaks off into your cabinet drawer...it is kind of a problem.

• maggie530
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Addycal. That's part of the reason we just switched from the Aubrey, although we stayed with Restoration Hardware. I would have been interested in trying other companies but I only found internet resources and I wanted to see the handles in person. (There's a Restoration Hardware in my neighborhood.)

As much as I LOVE the Aubrey, I went with the Bistro because I was afraid of needing to switch out screws and the Aubrey has four screws from the front, so it really matters that they match the pull perfectly. I went with the Bistro so that if I switched out screws, it would be easier. I was also just afraid of wanting a different look years down the road and being unable to change them because of the four screw holes.

I hope I made the right decision.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

I'm sorry Addycal for your troubles with the RH brass pull screws. At 3/4" long, that doesn't give much lea way for the Pull installation. Some of the knob screws had lines for breakage. Are they there with the Pull screws too? I wonder if a 1" similar screw might help.

We did change out from RH pull screws for our Bistro Pulls. They went on fine with use of a template and design. No mess ups. One inch long, same style screw. An old trick to avoid rear cabinet door wood breakage is to take a piece of wood and place it directly behind where the hole will be drilled, drill with the bit going all the way through the extra piece of wood. Voila, your rear cabinet door hole is smooth as silk and pro-looking.
    Maggie, I think you'll like the Bistro.