Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Attn: CEFreeman: Trickle down remodel: new pantry cabinets

Posted by Bellsmom (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 16:51

CEFreeman--note the shopvac beside the pink sawhorses. I love it. Great for dog hair, as you said, AND for sawdust.

Here's the start of my latest project. Four cabinets which will go on the top shelf in the pantry. They will house, among other things, formal glassware, which is currently in compartmented zippered cloth boxes. You can see one on the top right in the bottom pic. Inaccessible and space inefficient.
Anyway, here's what's done so far:

Boxes are together, inside varnished twice, outside sanded and spackled, doors are sanded and primed.

Photobucket

Inevitably, I make mistakes. This time it was thinking that even with the face frames, I would still have room to put shelves in by turning them diagonally. Nope. Not by 3/8''. Hence the spacers behind the shelf brackets and shelves cut 1/2'' shorter than I intended:
Photobucket

And here's where they will go--on the top shelf, all the way to the back, two on each side.
Photobucket

Before the kitchen remodel, the pantry was all unpainted shelving and old wall paper lit by bare 4' fluorescent lights. I was so frustrated with being unable to DO anything as GC and cabinet guys worked away for weeks in the kitchen, that I started painting the pantry. Then one thing led to another. More about that later, but for now, new cabs are on the way.

Tomorrow, if no rain is in the offing, I'm gonna put on the finish coat of paint. Hope one will do it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Attn: CEFreeman: Trickle down remodel: new pantry cabinets

Another woodworker amongst us? Good for you Bellsmom. I love your pantry. So much storage!

o
RE: Attn: CEFreeman: Trickle down remodel: new pantry cabinets

I am SO impressed!
And so excited for you. Those cabs look great and will be so very efficient!

I am paying my mortgage today, and the next weeks's tips are "free" money, in that I get to buy myself a treat before paying next month's bills. Guess what I'm buying!

I love that vacuum.
Where did you get yours? I'm finding them around $80.00, if I remember correctly.

I am really looking forward to pics of your pantry!
Great job, woman!!

o
Shop Vac

CEFreeman

I love free money--I call it play money and remember my brother and me riffling Monopoly play money and feeling so rich when we were little. Enjoy rewarding yourself.

Yep, that's what I paid. I bought the shop vac from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $80.95, I think, with no tax or shipping plus a $10 off coupon from DeWalt through eBates (also thanks to you).
So, a great deal for $70 when/if I get my rebate. (The vac is officially ''used'', but the sales slip doesn't say that. Maybe the rebate will go through. It isn't really used, just a returned sale.)

Amazon Warehouse Deals listing for Shop Vac:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000CCXTN/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1345489243&sr=1-1&keywords=dewalt+shop+vac&condition=used

The vac is great. Easy to carry around. I added two extension wands to make it work even better as a dog hair picker upper. No bargain on them--just Home Depot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here