Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Peninsula

phoggie
11 years ago

I would like to see pics of your peninsula.....thanks!

Comments (25)

• sochi
    11 years ago

• breadandsuch
    11 years ago

• boone_2009
    11 years ago

Breadandsuch: what material is your lovely countertop?

• Seasyde
    11 years ago

Breadandsuch: Lovely kitchen. Similar in layout to what we would like to do. Would you mind sharing the dimensions?

Love seeing all these peninsula's! Please keep the pictures coming.

• breadandsuch
    11 years ago

Thanks...my countertop is Delicatus. The dimensions are...
    Peninsula.. 6x3ft
    Sink wall...14ft
    Stove wall...13ft
    Fridge wall...8Ft

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

breadandsuch, what a beautiful kitchen! do you have any before pictures? what is the length of the entire room including your dining area and the room behind it?

Thanks so much for sharing!

• bahacca
    11 years ago

• Seasyde
    11 years ago

Breadandsuch: Thanks for the dimensions. That helps me visualize my space in a way that a layout won't.

• biochem101
    11 years ago

I have a collection of open u-shape kitchen photos.

Could post a number of them if you want.

What color cabinets/counter would you like to see?

• prospect711
    11 years ago

Here's ours.

• jw34
    11 years ago

And here's mine:

• Gracie
    11 years ago

We removed the raised bar on our old peninsula and added 12 inch deep cabinets and display shelves. We haven't added the hardware yet.

• lala girl
    11 years ago

Here's ours (it looks kind of distorted, it is the architect's photo and I think he used some wide angle lens to try to make our kitchen look bigger than it is. J )

• ratrem
    11 years ago

We love ours, completely opens the space up and will make serving at holidays, parties so easy as we do buffet usually. We are waiting on stools still.

ours is 6ft by 45"

• KBH
    11 years ago

We made a bit of a half circle to sneak a bit more seating space. Originally, my counters ended 24" to the right of the peninsula.

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

Beautiful kitchens all!

OT

laurainlincoln - Are those the CB2 Vapor barstools? If so, how do you like them? I am considering those as well.

ratrem - What are your counters? So pretty!!!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Loved these.....please keep them coming. Biochem, please post any other pics you might have...the more, the better. I need all the help I can get trying to plan the kitchen in my new build....I like too many of them that I am having hard time picking just one style...one day I like white, the next I like cherry stained....almost wish some kitchen fairy would just decide for me......any takers?

• marcy96
    11 years ago

Here's mine:
    {{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}

• EMH107
    11 years ago

I love my peninsual, but with more space I would prefer an island with seating on both sides.

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

Back view

• biochem101
    11 years ago

Here are a few more:

White cabinets - Raised Peninsula Seating

White Cabinets - Butcher Block Peninsula

White Cabinets - Corner Sink, Range near Peninsula

White Cabinets - Seating PLUS Island!

Dark Stained Cabinets - Black Counter and Appliances

Dark Stained Cabinets - Light counter and Stainless

Lighter Stained Cabinets and Light counter

Mixed Stain and Paint - Peninsula + Island

HTH!

• selphydeg
    11 years ago

I am pretty noob at this. How do you get the peninsula to have drawers and cabinets on both sides? Particularly the peninsula with a sink. Do you buy two cabinets and put them back to back?

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

The old one:

and the new one:

• marcy96
    11 years ago

Lilymila, Yes, you would have to put cabinets back to back to have drawers and cabinets on both sides. In my case, I put a cabinet facing out in the dead space in the corner.

• Confire
    11 years ago

Great topic. Our kitchen is almost done except for repainting "again" but that's another story. Deciding on a back cover on the peninsula has been whipping our butts. It's 6 feet long and we intend on using 2 bar stools.

I've been kicking around the idea of using a sheet of aluminum painted with a high quality automotive paint, maybe a silver.

So, has anybody got creative and done something a bit non-conventional?

Some great pictures posted and Id love to see more.