Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ww340

Finished kitchen - check out the pantry

ww340
11 years ago

I finally have some pictures of my finished kitchen. Be sure to check out the pantry.

I learned a lot from this site, and incorporated so many good ideas presented here. Not just in the kitchen, but in the bathrooms as well.

Lots of the things I love in the kitchen are things I heard about here such as pot and pan draws with smaller pull out lid drawers, the pot filler, and how to locate it on the wall.

I would have never put in a central vac again, but I did after reading about them here. I love that thing. I have a zip broom in one of the pull outs by the oven, as well as a vacpan right under my prep area.

Most of all, you all make a person think about what they really need, want and will use. I have a much better kitchen, and house in general, because I thought more about flow, convenience, and our own specific needs and lifestyle.

Thanks to all the help here, my dream kitchen really is a dream to work it. It is all I wanted it to be.

I agonized with you all over this project, and as many of you have remembered, I had a lot of difficulties with this remodel and addition. Now that it is very nearly finished, and we have moved back into the house, it was definitely all worth it.

I ended up adding a nice wine rack and wine cooler just to store my remodel anesthetic.

The granite is Copenhagen

The faucets are Grohe

The sinks are Ticor

The cabinets are custom with glaze

Travertine backsplash with black marble accents

Travertine pantry floor

Wolf open burner rangetop

GE single double oven

GE Advantium speedcook micro/oven

Samsung refrigerators

Kitchen aid DW - wish I had thought to get panel ready, but I missed that.

Light fixtures in the kitchen are Livex La Bella collection

Lights in pantry are original old house fixtures I found in the barn on the property and restored them.

Comments (43)

• cat_mom
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Gorgeous!

I want your pantry!

• catlover5
    11 years ago

Wow!!!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Holy cow! Your kitchen looks like it belongs in a palace in Monte Carlo or something.. and the pantry! You realize your pantry is larger than some people's kitchens? Possibly MY kitchen, lol. I love it and also your neat ceiling light in there AND your jadite collection and is that a jadite Aladdin lamp, too?

Really beautiful!

• EngineerChic
    11 years ago

I'm curious, why did you select 2 fridges instead of a fridge/freezer pair? It's an interesting choice to me, I can understand needing more fridge space at eye level than freezer space at eye level, but I think this might be the first time I've seen someone use 2 matching French door fridges like this (as opposed to sticking one in the pantry as the overflow fridge OR getting big dedicated units).

• Dando
    11 years ago

It's not just two fridges is it? (Isn't that third unit a freezer?)

• p.ball2
    11 years ago

You found the fixture in the barn?????? When we bought our house I kept waiting to find a treasure but no such luck. Best thing I found was a liberty dime when digging for our patio.
    Found lots of old beer cans in our duct work. Apparently the teenagers used to drink in their rooms open the floor grates and throw the cans down in there.

Your kitchen is beautiful. The pantry is enviable and sooooo organized!

• ww340
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the comments.

Deedles - that pantry (the white one and the freezer wall) was my kitchen for 15 years. Where the beverage bars are now was the eating area for the kitchen.

EngineerChic - One of those refrigerators serves as a red flag - everything in it is gluten free and must be kept that way. The other refrigerator contains gluten items and anything that might have been contaminated by gluten.

Dando - yes there is a third freezer in the pantry. We entertain a lot. And people don't just come for the evening - they come for 3 - 4 days or more. Also, we live out in the country on top of a mountain. We have been snowed/iced in for as long as 3 weeks.

• blfenton
    11 years ago

Stunningly beautiful. I love all the details. I really like the way you framed the cooktop and sink in the same way with the corbels and mosaic tile backsplash.

• Dando
    11 years ago

WRS...I'm waiting on my invite. That is a stunning kitchen!
    I think I can be there in a couple hours if I hurry :)

• likewhatyoudo
    11 years ago

Wow, what a great kitchen!
    So if the pantry is your old kitchen you must have added a lot of square footage to have that kitchen.

Did you remodel other parts of the home at the same time? Nicely done. Enjoy!

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

I think I heard angels singing in chorus when I saw the pics of your pantry. Nice work on the rest, too! :) congrats!

• labbie
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! I can see why your guests stay for days. I have coffee-center envy, and that pantry is to die for.

• mjher1
    11 years ago

So beautiful!

• susanlynn2012
    11 years ago

I love the counters and the cabinets! That pantry is to die for! Enjoy your beautiful kitchen!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Wow!
    You are going to need a wait list of peeps interested in getting stuck in your gorgeous kitchen and pantry!
    Beautiful.

• ginny20
    11 years ago

Just beautiful! Love the black accent in the backsplash. The pantry is incredible, and I'm so jealous of your family of refrigerators. That must be wonderful. Congratulations on a job well done!

• ppbenn
    11 years ago

WhiteRiverSooner
    Beautiful-Beautiful-Beautiful!
    I LOVE the double fridges and really want them in my new kichen just for his and hers...;)
    Nicely organized; makes me want to see in ALL the cabinets.
    Enjoy!

• walkingchick
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness! This is my first post ever here. I have been lurking for a few months as I prepare for our kitchen remodel. I just had to log on and say that your kitchen is absolutely breathtaking, WRS!! I have total pantry envy. Everything about it is just stunning to me. Congratulations and enjoy it.

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

yeah - that's one stunning kitchen! and huge. I was wondering about the 2 fridges - and then the freezer. thought you probably had 10 or so kids - lol!

on a mountain? ok, now you have to post pics of the view! that'd be so awesome to live up on a mtn! I can see some from where I am but not even close to living on one.

loved so much in your kitchen and pantry. one thing that stood out to me (I'm weird) was the pullout over the baskets. I've saved a few pics from other kitchens with those - such a good thing to put around where they might be needed. I don't know if I'll be able to retrofit one into my kitchen tho.

• KBH
    11 years ago

This truly belongs in a magazine. That granite is to die for and everything is so well thought out and organized. Simply beautiful. And I'm pea green over the pantry.

• tea4all
    11 years ago

Fantastic pantry! What a blessing that will be. You have a beautiful kitchen. Nicely done!!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Whiteriversooner-love the pantry space and especially the picture on the left hand side. I'm sure there's a lot of memories there for you. Also really like your countertop, gorgeous color(s). Congrats and please keep posting details:)

• kellyp123
    11 years ago

Wow!!! Love everything......the cabinets, granite, backsplash. That is quite the coffee station. One of the most beautiful kitchens I have ever seen!

• claybabe
    11 years ago

Stunning. Nice work. The pantry is amazing and the space is gorgeous.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Love the counters and the awesome pantry! I would love a huge upright freezer like that.

The corbels on the cabinetry are really luxurious.

• Alex House
    11 years ago

With a kitchen like yours, who needs the rest of the house. It looks stunning.

• clvransom
    11 years ago

Okay, I'm jealous. Your kitchen is simply stunning!

• mmhmmgood
    11 years ago

Lovely with a most enviable pantry! Congrats on finishing and enjoy the beautiful space!

• ww340
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow, thank you all so much. I knew we liked it, but I didn't know if you all would like it.

I will try to answer some questions.

Deedles - yes, that is a jadite Aladdin lamp. I was fortunate to find it several years ago.

p.ball2 - yes, I found those in the barn. I had to keep making trips back to the barn to find all the pieces. I at least had some idea what to look for, as there were some like them still in the house.

blfenton - thank you. Backsplashes are so difficult. This one just evolved. I like repeating things as a way of tying elements together. Arches are a theme throughout the house.

Dando - come on down. We need to organize some GW home tours. There are some others here I would like to see.

DesertSteph - I love things like that pullout shelf. It is so handy and a nice cabinet surprise.

My view this morning. There is a river down there, but you couldn't see it this morning.

{{gwi:1938370}}

• aliris19
    11 years ago

Oh my, there are those gorgeous stools; they're like easy chairs. I really love them. And I like the open shelves above the his-her fridges. ;) Among other things. It's pretty spectacular. I hope some of your long-staying houseguests are at least musicians to keep you entertained during snow-bound cooking sprees!

I haven't been able to find stools I like but you know -- yours might do the trick! Got any spares? ;)

May you know many glorious snuggly warmed-house days...

• nineteenoeight
    11 years ago

Amazing kitchen, just absolutely beautiful. Love the pantry. Love the layout. Love the attention to detail. So glad you've made it work well, it isn't just a good-looking kitchen, it's a functional one. Bravo, and here's to many many happy meals and times in your new space!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Absolutely stunning, every inch of it. How much fun would it be to have that much pantry and fridge space!

• camphappy
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Was it difficult having access to materials where you live?
    I just brought home a truckload of flooring today and was thinking, "What if I had to drive hours on a long windy road with this load?"

I'm sure you will have wonderful times entertaining friends and family in that beautiful space.

• biochem101
    11 years ago

If I had to be snowed in on top of a mountain for weeks,
    I'd want it to be in that kitchen!

Your stools are to die for.

After coping with a much smaller space for years you must be in heaven.

Enjoy!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

gorgeous!

• starinasgarden
    11 years ago

Lovely kitchen and pantry. I love your collection of jadite (it is jadite, isn't it?).

• hough2012
    11 years ago

Beautiful....how big is the pantry?

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

WOW! WOW! WOW! Simply stunning!!

What an awesome space - you are very blessed!!

Enjoy for many years - Congratulations :)

• ww340
    Original Author
    11 years ago

rtwilliams - Yes, we added the great room, kitchen, a master bedroom with his and her baths, and a large garage. We also remodled some of the rest of the house. I plan to post some bath and laundry room pictures.

fouramblues - you made me laugh.

labbie - my husband bought the commercial grinder and coffee pot several years ago, and installed them in my itty bitty kitchen where they took up very valuable real estate. They are a dream to have to make coffee, as the water is plumbed in and everything is automatic, but they are large. It was those two pieces though that inspired me to create the whole beverage/butler pantry idea.

Ginny20, ppbenn - hey maybe I will start a whole new trend on double refrigerators.

walking chick - I am so glad you delurked to comment. You will get great advice and ideas here.

Oldbat2be - thanks so much. I am so glad you noticed that picture. My pantry will have a little memorial space for my grandmother. Her picture has been in my kitchen since she passed away. She is the one who taught me to cook and garden. I have her old kitchen dishes in the top shelf of the pantry, and I use her old measuring cups every day.

aliris19 - I love the stools, too, and I actually built the island to go with the stools ( I bought them before I built the kitchen), but they may not stay, as they block the view. We will keep them for now, but I don't know that they will make it for the long haul. They are really comfortable and they swivel. Oh, and I do have one more, lol. I decided 4 was too many.

camphappy - materials were a real issue here. I just could not get some things I wanted - like soapstone. The granite I originally wanted would come in and get shipped to everywhere but here. I finally went to St. Louis and picked out an in stock granite and the fabricator had to go pick it up. Our fabricator was an hour and a half from us.

The internet was my friend for a lot of things. Plumbing and light fixtures were mostly all ordered from the internet. As were many of the appliances.

biochem101 - yes, it does feel like heaven. For I while I was rather embarrassed that it turned out so large and grand, but I got over that and now I just enjoy it.

gr8day - I am so glad you saw this. I probably would not have posted this kitchen if you hadn't asked about it in another post.

Thanks to everyone for all the nice compliments.

In regards to being so organized - it is truly easy to be organized when you have a place for everything. The things that tend to create clutter are those that you don't know where they go, or don't have room for them.

• Dando
    11 years ago

The detail is simply amazing.
    Two of my favorites: The jadite collection and that mixer.
    What kind of mixer is that?

And please tell me more about the central vac. Do you just sweep stuff into an opening or is there more to it than that? Apologies for my ignorance, I just know nothing about that.

• gwynnie8
    11 years ago

Very nice job all around!! But the piece de resistence is THAT PANTRY! Love the Jadite collection as well! Congrats on a job well done - enjoy!!

• ww340
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dando - the mixer is Wolfgang puck's cafe collection. I love it, but I don't think they are available anymore. I have a kitchen aid, but I like this one better for the way it fits under my cabinets and the way the head lifts.

The central vacuflo has several optional installation options. I put in multiple outlets and use shorter hoses. Some people prefer the hide-a-hose option with one retractable long hose for the whole house. The vacupan is a foot operated device in the cabinet baseboard. I just sweep everything to the vacupan and it gets sucked away.

• shelayne
    11 years ago

WOWEE!

That is simply stunning! Holy cow--er--cows! ;)

I am pretty sure that my NEW kitchen is smaller than your pantry. LOL.

Congratulations--it is beautiful!