Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
munkaya

Faucets for Kohler Stages 45"?

munkaya
10 years ago

Hello! This is my first post to GW, although I have been quite the lurker while researching various aspects of my kitchen remodel. You all are so incredibly knowledgeable and helpful--thank you!

So I am going with the Kohler Stages 45" sink for my island (it was love at first sight really). I'm having trouble with the faucet selection and setup. The Kohler Karbon, while fabulous and functional, won't work for us (style isn't right plus more $$ than we want to spend). We won't have a water dispenser in the refrigerator, so I'd like to have one on the sink. So what I've been thinking is either:

1. Have a single faucet that has a reach long enough for the entire sink, plus a beverage faucet connected to the water filter (e.g., the Kohler Vinnata and the Kohler Wellspring).

2. Have a double faucet setup like the way the Stages sink often is shown with the 2 Karbon faucets but substitute different faucets. Add a water filter to the faucet on the prep side of the sink.

I am leaning towards #2 more--I like the idea of having filtered water from the faucet over the prep area for washing veggies and filling pots, etc. in addition to drinking water. Also, my husband and I often find ourselves needing the faucet at the same time (e.g., he's washing dishes and I need to prep veggies for dinner), so I think having two faucets on the sink would be very functional for us given that the sink is big enough for us to use it at the same time.

But I can't figure out which faucets to use that would be functional but not overwhelming in size. I think the Karbons look great with the Stages sink in large part due to how slim they are and how they are able to fold away. I know the Vinnata is a popular choice, but would 2 of them be too much? Given how deep the sink is, I could use 2 of the smaller Vinnatas that are meant for secondary sink, or maybe one of each size? Folks seem to like Delta, so I've been looking at their faucets with pull down sprayers as well.

Would appreciate any advice or ideas!

Comments (4)