Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blondy6082

Finally

blondy6082
10 years ago

Finally done. Started Jan 2 painting the upstairs as you can see in the pictures we have an open floor plan so everything had to be repainted. Thanks again to the wonderful people on this forum, the great ideas and pictures of beautiful kitchens. Also had to add our Airedale because of the one post about your kitchen looking like your dog. My husband and I laughed out loud.

Comments (19)

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    10 years ago

Wow, that looks great! People are going to want to know all the details...

• powermuffin
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. I love that it is so different than most of what we see. Very warm.
    Diane

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Enjoyed the slide show, very lovely space indeed. The table in the area with the fireplace looks so inviting.

• bpath
    10 years ago

I love the way the island pendants hold the kitchen to the fireplace. It's so lovely and restful, like a vacation home!

• ginny20
    10 years ago

Just lovely! Welcoming and warm. Great counters and BS - they work so well with the stone on the fireplace. Pendants and cabs are beautiful. Your dog is adorable, and he does match. Congratulations, great job!

• CallMeJane
    10 years ago

Very warm, and comforting. Looks great!!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

blondy6082 - anyone with an Airedale immediately shoots to the top of my list (I grew up with a wonderful one). Wonderful, warm, inviting space! Love the stone, wide planks, rich wood, countertops, pendants, great chairs and counter stools and your pulls. Need to go back and look more closely - was zipping through looking for pictures of your dog (who DOES most definitely match!). Well done!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

NICE!!!

I have a soft spot for Airedales--we had a Welsh Terrier (looked like a mini-Airedale) for a short time when I was a kid. Yours is a handsome fellow!

• KBSpider
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Details, details!

• blondy6082
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here are the details and thanks everyone. Kraftmaid cupboards, soapstone counters, Keta High Rise faucet from Signature Hardware, Barstools from Horchow, Blanco Diamond Anthracite sink, BM Kingsport Gray, floating shelves Pottery Barn and AirKing Valencia Hood. GE profile gas range Our floor is Chelsea Plank Flooring from Chelsea Michigan. Tumbled Travestine backsplash.

• enduring
    10 years ago

It is a beautiful kitchen! this is my favorite picture, after the one with your matching pooch. I think your soapstone looks perfect in there!

• tracie.erin
    10 years ago

What a beautiful home. Your new kitchen is wonderful and fits in seamlessly. Nthing the request for details - I love the backsplash especially.

• heidihausfrau
    10 years ago

Fantastic! I just love the look of your kitchen! And the rest of the house too! Are you in Michigan? We did Chelsea Plank flooring as well.....

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I love your choices. Your cabinets, counters, floors, fixtures and your stone fireplace in the open room are so beautiful. Your adorable doggie really enhances everything!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Congratulations and enjoy! I really get that feeling of a lodge or a vacation home, as mentioned. I also had to smile at the chickens, and of course, the matching dog.

• homebuyer23
    10 years ago

I love your space! It is so relaxing and comforting and still stylish and beautiful. Realllllly well done, enjoy!!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Absolutely love the style of your house. The new kitchen is such a great meld of keeping true to the style and yet updating it. The open shelves are such a great choice--love those!

Love all the lines visible in this pic..the soapstone counter makes me want to run my hands all over it--beautiful!:

• blondy6082
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yep we live in Hell Michigan in the woods up on a hill overlooking a lake, so this is our fulltime vacation house for the past 30 years. We went through Chelsea Lumber for our cupboards and counters. We had a fantastic KD named Mamie. Chelsea lumber is owned by Jeff Daniels (the actor ) father and family. The whole process with them was wonderful.

• miruca
    10 years ago

Very nice!

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert