Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaem

Can you please help me find this kitchen?

lindaem
11 years ago

Hi, I think we are getting closer to making some decisions about our kitchen layout and upcoming remodel (it's only been about a year since I posted our current layout and asked for input, but other things have taken priority).

That being said, I am wondering if anyone can help me locate the source of this kitchen? I foolishly saved the picture without any identifying names or threads, and would love to find out what the countertop and backsplash are (and ideally would like to see the rest of the kitchen too).

Thank you!

Comments (24)

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

I suggest a Google image search on your photo. I love image search!

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

Ooooo I can see why you would want to search for that! Very pretty!!!

• lindaem
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks donaleen, from what I can tell, this is not may_flowers kitchen. Trying google images.....

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

No, I don't think it is may_flowers kitchen. I think she uploaded the image. She has two posts on GW that show that kitchen. Maybe you can contact her and see where the image is from. Could be from a magazine or some other form of print.

• babs711
    11 years ago

I tried to google image it for you and got nothing concrete...just gardenweb posts that included it with no source.

• lindaem
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for trying to help, I have sent may_flowers an email. Hopefully he/she receives it and emails me back (I initially don't think I had the 'ability to receive email' box checked, but I have done so now).

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Oops ... posted this on the other thread...repeating here:

I think this is the kitchen, though it doesn't look so rich in this pic as in the OP's pic...though I love the cabinet color and the monochrome counter/tile combo.

[Traditional Kitchen design[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107)

Here is a link that might be useful: [Houzz[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/granite-traditional-kitchen-phvw-vp~43565)

• lindaem
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You're right! That's exactly the kitchen! Thank you, thank you! Yippee, hopefully Houzz has some details~

any ideas as to what the countertop is? quartzite, quartz, granite?

• Gracie
    11 years ago

Well, I'm glad Annie found it because I had no idea! I would have suggested Houzz.

I saved it because I love the tone-on-tone backsplash. I've seen custom tile places online where you can chose the colors and the percentages of the mosaic and they randomly generate a pattern for you. You could ask here for the site names as I think that's how I found out about them.

• petra66_gw
    11 years ago

The Susan Jablon Mosaics has such a device.

Here is a link that might be useful: Susan Jablon Mosaics

• deedles
    11 years ago

Google image search? I've searched for images with descriptive words but are you saying you can somehow search using an image?

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Deedles:If you go to any Google Images search screen, there is a box to enter the keywords, as you know. However, on the right-hand side of that box, there is a little camera icon. If you click the icon, you can enter the URL of a picture for which you would like to search. You can also upload a picture from your computer instead of entering a URL.

• nineteenoeight
    11 years ago

Angie - wow, never saw that, what a great tool. I've used TinEye.com before but I think this may be even better.
    Thanks!

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

I, of course, learned about it here on GW KF!

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

LindaM56 - You can post a question on Houzz and often times the designer will reply. If not, I have also contacted the designer via their email/website, and have even picked up the phone and called them directly. (I did this for a designer that was in my local area and she was very helpful.) If you are trying to get the spefics on materials used, give that a try!

• lindaem
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to all that helped me find out more about this kitchen! Using the larger kitchen photo posted by AnnieDeighnaugh, I google image searched (thanks to donaleen and AngieDIY) and found an entire thread from 2008 right here on GW! I will try to post the link so that everyone else can see this beautiful kitchen (hoping this link works).

Pretty soon I will be posting our tentative layout with some questions~
    Wow, you are all wonderful!

Pretty soon I will be posting our tentative layout with some questions~

Here is a link that might be useful: counter/backsplash

• Gracie
    11 years ago

I just came across this photo in my pictures folder. It's very similar but in the mini subways.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Rats, I wish I saw this kitchen before I did mine....I'd copy all the finishes as I love them....I wanted a more cocoa brown in my kitchen cabs but our supplier didn't have it....though we used the same color in the rest of the house on the cherry trim and it looks great.

And I love the shiny mosaic tile, but didn't have a place to put it...I would've never thought it'd look good in a kitchen and yet it looks so fab!

Oh well, maybe in 20 yrs when I have to redo my kitchen again....

Hah!

• Gracie
    11 years ago

I like the mini subways better than the mosaic. How do you think the colors and shape would look in my kitchen? I wouldn't do iridescent though. I'm waiting for my natural cherry cabs to darken before I do BS because the sample is much darker.

• lindaem
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, I think that pic with the mini subways is Pip's kitchen. Also one of my inspiration kitchens, so beautiful!

May_flowers, IMO they would be beautiful in your kitchen. Would you put them up behind your hood? May I ask what your floors and counters are?

• Gracie
    11 years ago

The counter is Caesarstone 'Buttermilk'. I wouldn't recommend it though because I think I got a bad batch. Our fabricator is replacing it with something almost identical from another quartz company. When they cleaned the epoxy off with Barkeeper's Friend and acetone, as the Caesarstone rep told them to do and they've done many times, it took the shine off the surface. An edge chipped two weeks after install for no reason, and the pattern has white finger-print looking blotches all over it that is NOT on any of the samples. Caesarstone wouldn't do anything about it, and I felt their QC was lacking, so we switched to Pental Chroma 'Botticino'. It's a PNW company, so we could view the slabs first in Portland.

The floor is porcelain tile from Daltile called Florenza 'Sabbia'. It's 18 x 18 tile laid in an offset pattern. There's a lot of variation from tile to tile, so if you're considering tile, be aware of that. We thought we made a mistake when they opened the boxes and there was more gold than anticipated, but it ended up looking great with the counter.

• SaraKat
    10 years ago

I love this kitchen, is the new countertop holding up? So sorry you had to have the first one replaced! It's very pretty, love the backsplash.

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

It's the Custom Cherry kitchen from Atticmag. Belongs to Margie B. Many pix with all the sourcing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom Cherry Kitchen

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor