Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pricklypearcactus

Shallow Depth Island Cabinet with Sink and Microwave?

pricklypearcactus
13 years ago

Is it possible to fit a sink and a microwave in a 20" deep cabinet under a peninsula/island? In order to have appropriate aisle widths it looks like I can only do 35" deep island/peninsula. In order to fit 15" of knee room for seating on the opposite side I would end up with only 20" deep cabinets. The kitchen is somewhere in the small-medium size range.

Looking on Ticor's site, I see some fairly small sinks, but I'm not clear on what type of front-to-back depth is needed. Is it possible to fit a small prep sink in a cabinet that's only 20" deep?

I am also hoping to replace my over the range microwave with a hood and would then need to move my microwave somewhere else. We rarely use the microwave and wouldn't mind having a small one under a potential island/peninsula prep/seating area. I would love to find something that can fit in less than 20" deep base cabinets.

I am very very early in the planning stages of doing a kitchen remodel. At this point I'm just learning all that I can about what is available out there in order to find something that will work for my space when I can afford it. So, I do not have a layout planned yet and am just gathering information in order to begin work on a well-informed layout.

Thank you for your help, advice, and expertise!

Comment (1)