Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found my marble!

Posted by secondhalf (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 16:08

Hi everyone- after silently agonizing and second guessing and fretting, I finally said "go for it" and am putting marble on the island. When I asked my husband if he was SURE he wouldn't mind always using a cutting board, and he said "hon, we're not going to get to do this again, get what you want" I decided he was right AND that if I lived with laminate and builder's grade orange oak for two decades, I can live with my marble and soapstone becoming lived in. So, here it is- the pictures don't do it justice.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found my marble!

Beautiful marble!! Awesome husband! =) Enjoy your marble. And your husband. :)

o

Make that island as big as you can! That stone is gorgeous and you need to see as much of it as possible!

o

Congrats. That is so beautiful!

o

Pretty!

o

Beeps- thanks so much- and you're right about the husband. He's a keeper :)

Beekeeperswife- I'm a big fan of all (well both) your kitchens AND your gorgeous new home (I want you to start your own design business) so I'm thrilled you think it's beautiful.

Thanks so much for commenting everyone. I've become incredibly boring to everyone but you guys. I so appreciate the outlet!!

o

Second half- wow!!
Beautiful. I agree- make that island BIG! I'll be watching

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here