Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inexpensive White Shaker Caninets?

Posted by faulstr (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 15:49

We are rehabbing a house we'll live in temporarily while building our new home and then will sell. The appraised value after repairs came in around $115k so we are trying to make nice looking selections but on a budget. For the kitchen, I want white shaker for the look. I prefer painted cabinets but realize that we might need to do thermofoil for the price. The kitchen is very small and we still need to design it, but I'd like to identify some cabinet options to research. We want something that will be under $2-2.5k which I know is hard to say without seeing a layout but the kitchen is about 10 feet long and 8 feet wide so it will be an L shape.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inexpensive White Shaker Caninets?

IKEA has a few. They are pretty nice cabinets, especially for the price.

o

Did you see this thread, simply amazing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Super Budget $6000 DIY Ikea kitchen

o

Thanks for the tip but I was going to mention that we're in STL so no Ikea. We have Home Depot, Lowes, Menards , Hoods

o

Hmmm, there is a thread some where with pricing of different brands and I'm pretty sure it was white shaker style doors.

"Our" Ikea is almost 3 hours away. I'll see if I can scare up that thread.

o

Easier than I thought..lol

Here is a link that might be useful: White painted Shakers

o

You don't need an Ikea nearby to use them. I live near St Louis and have done 3 IKEA kitchens. The shipping is doable especially during a sale. The current sale is over on August 24.

o

Home Depot Hampton Bay cabinets come in shaker white. It's the stock cabinets. Nice quality for your price home and they go on sale pretty much every month. If you have your measurements their people in kitchen dept can do a layout for you free.

o

We purchased Wolf shaker white cabinets for our shore home. They are all wood boxes and doors, made in America, and a very good value for what you get. And they are in-stock, no special order required which was important for us.

The cabinetry here was approximately $3000, and what's missing is the crown molding that my husband hasn't installed yet, as well as the end panels for the side of cabinets to the right of the stove. The refrigerator is also completely enclosed by full-depth panels with cabinet above, you just can't see it here in this pic.

Here's a picture. My husband installed them. A few issues with a crack in a door panel or a paint skip, and these were addressed and replaced with no hassle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here