Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identifying the type of fridge?

Posted by tboxer854 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 15:48

I am very confused about this whole built in refrigerator thing. Can anyone take a look at these two pics and let me know what style of refrigerator it consists of? Are these actually built ins or are they freestanding refrigerators with wraps?

pic 1) http://d.pr/i/qaCR+
pic 2) http://d.pr/i/pSuX+

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identifying the type of fridge?

Picture one. Fully Integrated, it looks like.

o
Picture Two

Counterdepth. Could be freestanding,it's a couple inches deeper than the counter, but the cabinet depth is build deeper.

o

So pretty much you would have to pony up for a sub zero to achieve that? I really can't find a built in fridge that is under 5k.

o

To get the first picture,yes. One of the issues is ventilation. Some freestanding fridges are supposed to have a couple inches of space around them for circulation. Freestanding counterdepth fridges like in the second photo may only need less than an inch, but only a true built-in or fully integrated refrigerator can be fully clad in materials with no space around them like in picture one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Built ins

o

I came across this refrigerator today but have not been able to find a price. 42"w counter depth that has a built-in look.

http://www.lg.com/us/refrigerators/lg-LSSB2791ST-side-by-side-refrigerator

o

I got Fisher&Paykel fridge - it's a regular size but looks like counter depth one. Check their website and specs

o

I thought F&P only made counter-depth refrigerators (which aren't really counter-depth by the way, they're just less deep than non-counter-depth refrigerators. Found that out in our current research).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here