Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
summerc_gw

Kitchen Remodeling Help Needed

summerc
9 years ago

Long story short, we bought this house for well below market value. We are living in it for about 9 mos. while we wait for our new house to be built. As we are living in it, we are remodeling so we can hopefully sell it for a good price when we move.

The kitchen was very dated with dark cabinets that were very worn. The cheapest/easiest fix was to paint the cabinets. The house is a ranch with the kitchen, dining room & living room running along the front of the house. When I painted the kitchen cabinets, I left the dining room cabinets alone hoping that it may help create a separation between the two spaces. Now that I'm done painting the cabinets, I'm not so sure that I like the dining room cabinets as is. Does everyone think I should paint them too, or do you think it looks ok with the 2 different finishes right next to each other?

This picture is a little dark, but the living room has the built in cabinet right beside the front door that is stained the same as the dining room cabinets. (I know it's ugly & dated, but I don't know that we will get far enough into the remodel to get it torn out.)

On the other side of the kitchen you can see directly into the laundry room, which also has the stained cabinets.

Also there is this desk area right next to the dining room cabinets. Do you think I need to paint inside where the shelving is?

Please keep in mind that this is a remodel in progress. We are living in a bit of a mess & things are still half-finished! Thanks for your opinions!