Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nice-looking wall-mount kitchen kitchen extractor fan -not hood!

Posted by staceyneil (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 15:40

I know, I know. She should get a proper hood. But my mom hates them, and she wants an alternative. She found a picture of a wall-mounted kitchen extractor fan -sort of like the ones they had in 1920's kitchens- and says that is what she wants above her cooktop (which is on an exterior wall, so that works functionally.)

The problem is, the image she sent me is no longer on line, and she never found an actual product. Google is only showing me really cheesy-looking cheap white plastic ones. This will be on a very visible wall, so I want to find a nice-looking one. Any ideas?

I'll find a pic so you can see what I mean. And I'll look into downdraft fans for her, too, but this is what she said she wanted...

Thanks for your thoughts!

Stacey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
kitchen exhaust fan

This is the sort of thing I mean:

o
RE: Nice-looking wall-mount kitchen kitchen extractor fan -not ho

Oh, dear, I forgot how to post pics, it's been so long. Another try:

o

There is this, from Nutone that is indicated for removing cooking odors and steam from kitchens but that it is Not to be mounted over cooktops.

There was a company that made decorative antique looking ones that had the same disclaimer that they were for room ventilation but not over cooktops, but they went out of business.

The old versions of these used to come with a round grease filter. The other thing is that I don't know where you live but the older versions of this let a lot of cold air in, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nutone

o
but

I think you can get a metal cover for those I am not sure, but why doesn't she consider something like this?
They are essentially concealed on the underside of the cabinet. I used one here:

photo 7.jpg

o

My parents have a pop-up or hideaway hood that turns on when they pull the cabinet forward. I know that Miele also makes them.

Here is a link that might be useful: pull-out range hood

o

Last year I looked for a good one like they had in the old days and came up empty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here