Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
black flint cambria?

Posted by cookingbuff (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 15:35

Trying to finalize my kitchen decisions. I ordered white inset cabinets, thinking of gray slate porcelain tile (deciding between two) and now making my countertop decision. Does anyone have black flint cambria? Are you happy with it? Does it show everything, or nothing at all like crumbs? Fingerprints?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: black flint cambria?

I do not have this but looking at the sample of Flint Black on the website, it seems like it is pretty "active" in terms of the lighter speckles, so for a black granite look, I think it would be relatively forgiving of fingerprints and some crumbs as compared to something that was pure black.

o

Thanks so much for your response. I think it would go with a subway marble backsplash, to try to keep it "timeless" if there is such a thing! Anyone else?

o

Look at light grey ceramic subways as a little twist.
Daltile Rittenhouse Square Ice Grey

o
And black flint

Your countertop

o

palimpsest--- thanks so much. The grey tile does look great! Just want to make sure it is not contemporary because my house is traditional. The floor tile I am contemplating is 12x20 and one of the guys at the tile store said that size is more contemporary and now, of course, I am rethinking that!

o

Oooooooo. I think it is very nice! And the grey tile looks great with it! I think how contemporary it looks depends on the cabinets as well. Traditional cabinets and that Cambria would look nice.
As for the large tile, anything with less grout to get grundgy would havemy vote!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here