Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bosdiyer_gw

Comments on Berenson Cabinet Hardware?

bosdiyer
10 years ago

Anyone have any experience with Berenson cabinet hardware? We're looking at their Aspire line but I'm not familiar with them. I know everything is made in China, but there are good mfrs and not so good ones.
Thanks

Comments (8)

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

I have had Berensen Bravo pulls for 18 mos....no problems, I like them a lot.

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

bosdiyer, I am considering the same line! The samples that I ordered are lovely ... very nicely finished, heavy, and with a nice smooth feel to them. I would go with the brushed nickel, but the brushed tin is really nice, too, if you are looking for something with more of an ORB look ... it's similar, but different and really pretty. I'm not as crazy about the knob choice that comes with the Aspire line ... it's not very tall, so I feel like my fingers would always be touching the cabinets if I used them. I would go with all pulls should I decide to use this line (unless you can suggest another Berenson knob that might look good with the Aspire pulls?). I know there are several people on here who have gone with Berenson ... I haven't heard anything bad about them.

• bosdiyer
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the comments. They're very helpful.
    Jellytoast - look at 4088-1BPN-P from the Berenson Laura collection to see if the finish matches the Aspire finish. I think the more traditional shape of the knob may offer more clearance and the shape is compatible. We may do the same thing. Aspire is one of the few lines that offers the pull sizes we need plus an appliance pull. Thought we had it solved with Jeffrey Alexander Sonoma, but their manufacturing quality control is absolute crap. Our dealer brought in 2 shipments and we couldn't make a clean order between the 2 of them!!

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

Texaspenny, do you have any doors on your lowers? Did you use the 128mm pulls on those as well, or the smaller ones?

• ginny20
    10 years ago

I used Berenson Adagio (ORB) pulls and knobs. Love them. The finish is very nice, and it has held up perfectly after 2 years. I think Berenson are good knobs for only a moderate price.

• bosdiyer
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Brought home a sample board. Did you know they use rivets instead of screws so you can't take the samples off? We're going with the full Aspire line - including the knob in brushed nickel. The brushed tin was pretty, but looks very dark unless it's in direct light, so it would be fine with the white cabinets but get lost on the dark stained cherry.
    I looked at a couple of other Bereson pulls but even though they were brushed nickel, Aspire seems to have a linear surface that catches the light slightly differently than some of the other Berenson lines. We're going to use the sizes as follows:
    All doors will get knobs.
    15" drawers - 96mm
    18" drawers - 128mm
    27" drawers - 160mm
    36" tilt out sink tray - 299mm appliance pull
    Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions. We'll post pictures soon as part of our renovation project.

• texaspenny
    10 years ago

jellytoast - we do have doors under the sink but used the 160mm pulls on them. You can see it here. We used the 128mm only on the drawers around the oven. I also have the 160mm on 36" drawers and they are plenty long enough.