Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Surface or bolt-mounted appliance pulls for paneled appliances?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 15:09

Which is best? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Surface or bolt-mounted appliance pulls for paneled appliance

From behind.

That way the screw has metal to metal contact because it passes through the wood into the back of the handle or knob and threads into it.

Also the screw head is opposed by the back of the panel it is passing through.

Something screwed into a 3/4 wood panel will loosen and pull out over time.

It took a good tug to open my Subzero door and drawers and same with the DW. If they had been front mounted pulls they would have eventually pulled out of the wood.

RE: Surface or bolt-mounted appliance pulls for paneled appliance

So is that called bolt mounted?

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here