Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet size for Sharp 24' drawer microwave???

Posted by carolinesmom (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 1, 09 at 15:08

Hi everyone, looking at purchasing the Sharp 24" drawer micro; says it can be installed in a 24" microwave cabinet. My cabinet company's smallest "built in" microwave cab is 27". They do make a regular microwave shelf cab in a 24". I want this cab/micro to take the least amt of space possible. Would love to fit it into a 24" cabinet. Anyone have experience with this? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet size for Sharp 24' drawer microwave???

I am putting mine in a 30" cab so that if I want to swap it out one day for a steam oven or an Advantium, I have that option.

o

My 30" Sharp MW Drawer is in a 31" cabinet. However, I checked the Sharp site and under "Downloads" found that you can indeed install a 24" MW Drawer in a 24" cabinet...there are two documents that might help you, depending on your cabinet type: framed or frameless (IIRC, you're going w/framed, correct?)

Installation Tips: 24" in 24" Face Frame Cabinet:
http://www.sharpusa.com/files/mdo_dow_TIP_24-n-24_face_frame.pdf

Installation Tips: 24" in 24" Frameless Cabinet:
http://www.sharpusa.com/files/mdo_dow_TIP_24-n-24_frameless.pdf

Sharp Downloads for Microwave Drawers:
http://www.sharpusa.com/products/TypeDownloads/0,1087,216,00.html

o

Mine is in a 24" frameless cabinet and fits pretty much edge to edge. It is basically a modified 3 drawer stack with the micro taking the place of the top two drawers. There is a face frame on the top portion where the top two drawers would be where the micro fits in and a shelf at the bottom -- like an wall oven cabinet, but shorter.

o

I am so glad you asked this. I am going to do the 24" too. Had originally thought we were doing the larger one, but after looking at my island, I don't want such a large micro! Thanks for the specs Buehl!

o

Thanks everyone! Buehl you are a virtual treasure trove! Printing as we speak! :)

o

i want to install a 24"sharp microwave drawer in a 30" cabinet. Is this possible? what about the extra 3 inches on each side?

o

I am also looking at installing a Sharp 24" drawer micro. The pictures on line make the color of the stainless look different that any other brand. I have Kenmore appliances and wonder if the color will match. Does anyone else have a mix of brands and does the stainless match?

o

"i want to install a 24"sharp microwave drawer in a 30" cabinet. Is this possible? what about the extra 3 inches on each side?"

Filler pieces. See the above links provided by buehl.

Can I add an additional question about this 24 inch micro drawer? The instructions say that the plug has to be in the top left corner of the cabinet. Is that they only place that the plug will work? My plug is located in the center of my 27-inch cabinet, but towards the top of the opening. It is recessed into the cabinet so there is not a plug box sticking out into the opening. Moving the plug at this point will be a huge ordeal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here