Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have experience with Caesarstone Piatra Grey?

Posted by sparklebread (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 15:07

I am considering using Caesarstone Piatra Grey (5003) on my perimiter countertops. I ordered a sample, and I think I might like it, but having not seen it in slab form or on a run of cabinets, I am hestitant to dive in. I am hoping someone has seen it IRL and can give a trusted GW opinion. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have experience with Caesarstone Piatra Grey?

We just had Piatra Grey installed a few days ago on our perimeter counters and I love it! The color is lovely, and I like the movement of the light grey/white veining. We're using Calacatta Gold on our island and it complements it very nicely.

Here are a few quick shots I snapped (sorry for all the reflection, but hope it gives you the idea)...

photo IMG_1329_zpsf98dc317.jpg

photo IMG_1335_zps9c917be2.jpg

o

I had it installed several months ago, and have been living with it since then. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. The slab is completely patterned, so much so, you may wish to take care when you place any seams. The depth of color is nice, and I've had no problems.

My reveal linked below has pictures next to some Carrara Marble and with white and cherry cabinets. If you click through to the Photobucket account, you can get to additional photos, including my island, which is pretty much a full slab.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics in the Reveal, More at Photobucket

o

Thank you both! Your counters are beautiful! I am at that point in the project when the devil is in the details! I am trying to decide between Soapstone or the Piatra Grey Caesarstone. I really love natural stone, but there is something about this 10" x 5" sample of Piatra I like. I feel better seeing it in your kitchens, so thanks again for posting.

I am considering using a calacatta gold subway for the backsplash, so I was glad to see one of you paired it with a marble backspalsh and the other paired it with a calacatta gold island counter. That said, I think it would look nice with beveled white subways. Glad I can leave that decision for another day!

o

Hi sparklebread - Did you end up going with PG? If so, can you post pictures of your kitchen as well?

I was planning to go with Raven, but am torn with the new Caesarstone colors.

Thanks much!

o

I changed direction and decided to go with a brown granite. Somewhat scary as it does not seem to be the trend nowadays, but I have a mixture of warm white painted woodwork and dark stained woodwork throughout my house and the brown granite feels "right" for our home. Cabinet install is next week and counters are scheduled for install the following week. Crossing my fingers if you KWIM!

I have a sample of the PG I would be happy to send you if you are interested. It is larger than the typical square and it really shows how pretty it is. aboxofcrayons@cox.net ~Pam

o

Thanks sparklebread. Crossing my fingers for you too! Hope it goes well. Please post pics throughout the process. It's exciting to see things take shape!

I'd take that sample if I hadn't JUST ordered it! :( I probably could go into the Caesarstone sample business myself with all the ones I have!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here