Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparklebread

Does anyone have experience with Caesarstone Piatra Grey?

sparklebread
10 years ago

I am considering using Caesarstone Piatra Grey (5003) on my perimiter countertops. I ordered a sample, and I think I might like it, but having not seen it in slab form or on a run of cabinets, I am hestitant to dive in. I am hoping someone has seen it IRL and can give a trusted GW opinion. Thanks!

Comments (18)

• Laura
    10 years ago

We just had Piatra Grey installed a few days ago on our perimeter counters and I love it! The color is lovely, and I like the movement of the light grey/white veining. We're using Calacatta Gold on our island and it complements it very nicely.

Here are a few quick shots I snapped (sorry for all the reflection, but hope it gives you the idea)...

• sparklebread
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you both! Your counters are beautiful! I am at that point in the project when the devil is in the details! I am trying to decide between Soapstone or the Piatra Grey Caesarstone. I really love natural stone, but there is something about this 10" x 5" sample of Piatra I like. I feel better seeing it in your kitchens, so thanks again for posting.

I am considering using a calacatta gold subway for the backsplash, so I was glad to see one of you paired it with a marble backspalsh and the other paired it with a calacatta gold island counter. That said, I think it would look nice with beveled white subways. Glad I can leave that decision for another day!

• blackchamois
    10 years ago

Hi sparklebread - Did you end up going with PG? If so, can you post pictures of your kitchen as well?

I was planning to go with Raven, but am torn with the new Caesarstone colors.

Thanks much!

• sparklebread
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I changed direction and decided to go with a brown granite. Somewhat scary as it does not seem to be the trend nowadays, but I have a mixture of warm white painted woodwork and dark stained woodwork throughout my house and the brown granite feels "right" for our home. Cabinet install is next week and counters are scheduled for install the following week. Crossing my fingers if you KWIM!

I have a sample of the PG I would be happy to send you if you are interested. It is larger than the typical square and it really shows how pretty it is. aboxofcrayons@cox.net ~Pam

• blackchamois
    10 years ago

Thanks sparklebread. Crossing my fingers for you too! Hope it goes well. Please post pics throughout the process. It's exciting to see things take shape!

I'd take that sample if I hadn't JUST ordered it! :( I probably could go into the Caesarstone sample business myself with all the ones I have!

• Linda
    7 years ago

Thank you so very much for all this discussion and the photos. I'm going with the Pietra Grey and this discussion just sealed the deal. Thanks!

• cvbarnes3
    7 years ago

Hi there, could I impose on someone who has been living with Piatra Gray or Raven for a while to get some feedback on how the maintenance is? I have a Blizzard countertop at home but am making a choice for our cottage. I have had black granite in the past and found it difficult to maintain because of fingerprints and streaking. Does the same hold for PG and Raven?

• ugamok
    5 years ago

Ok so the small sample looks like there are brown undertones which is exactly why I picked it out. Some pics on computer look very charcoal gray and some look like the brown that I see in the sample. Do you see brown first when looking at it or gray? Thanks!

• Hillside House
    5 years ago

Grey.

• Donna M
    3 years ago

Does it show fingerprints?

• Hillside House
    3 years ago

No, mine doesn’t.

• Gooster
    3 years ago

Mine does not either.

• RICHARD LODATO
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We don't love it.

It looks great in night but during the day the sunlight fades it out and from far away you see none of the grain and it just looks dull. Good from some angles bad from others. We have had Tough time figuring out if it was finished wrong or is supposed to be this way...

• Karen Fellenberg
    2 years ago

Hi all,

installing Piatra Grey bench tip in kitchen. having trouble with colours for cabintry any ideas other than ehite? i want to use two-pack.

• Karen Fellenberg
    2 years ago

Other than white.

• Aylin R
    5 months ago

I am thinking of going with Piatra gray for my kitchen countertops. I was trying to decide between that and Raven. The Piatra seems like to be a bit lighter and a slightly warmer gray that it could so with both hardwoods and/or stainless steel and white. Some times of the day I lean towards one but later the other. Any photos of the Piatra Gray in your kitchen would be appreciated!

• HU-710990486
    2 months ago

I had Piatra grey installed in my kitchen about six years ago. It was great for the first couple of years, then it began looking very dull. Kinda disappointed and wish I would have chosen white instead.