Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toytheatre13

Do stainless steel sinks and SS Faucet finishes have to match?

toytheatre13
10 years ago

We bought the Hansgrohe Talis C faucet in Steel Optic finish from Costco. This was when we were putting in a white porcelain sink. Steel optic finish is a hint warmer, like a satin nickel, than most SS sinks I see. How crucial is it that the faucet and sink match? Do the air gap, soap pump, faucet and sink need to match?

Comments (9)

• angela12345
    10 years ago

My sink does not match my faucet ... But I used stainless sink and chrome faucet. I know, boring, right ?

• fourten1j
    10 years ago

My in-progress kitchen remodel also has plans for a stainless steel sink with a chrome kraus faucet. The garbage disposal air switch will also be chrome. I don't have any more fixtures going in, so I don't think mine will look weird if they don't match. I'd say your soap pump should match your faucet.

• ginny20
    10 years ago

If you have an undermount sink, the faucet isn't actually juxtaposed on the sink material anyway. I don't think they have to match. Mine don't, not exactly, although they are both SS.

• Caya26
    10 years ago

I have that faucet, and bought the matching soap dispenser. I have a Blanco SS undermount sink that does not match, - but it looks fine.
    I think if the soap dispenser matches the faucet, you should be okay.

• User
    10 years ago

I have a Hansgrohe steel optic faucet and Primo ss soap dispenser with a Blanco ss undermount sink. They look fine together and do not appear mismatched.

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

For those with Blanco SS sinks, did you get the Performa single bowl?

If I order that sink, its a brushed finish, which won;t quite match the Brizio faucet. If I chose the Franke Oceana, its shiny, and would be even less of a match.

• toytheatre13
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am still sorting this through, but this was just the kind of help I needed. I feel better having the pieces on top of the counter matching. I don't feel that they have to be an exact match now with my sink. I am headed out to a kitchen place to find a mock up to line my steel optic and air gap on the counter above a brushed SS sink. Does anyone else dislike the ugly looking air gaps? I love the look of the Rohl air gap, but don't like the price. I am getting it though!

Thanks everyone!

• toytheatre13
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am still sorting this through, but this was just the kind of help I needed. I feel better having the pieces on top of the counter matching. I don't feel that they have to be an exact match now with my sink. I am headed out to a kitchen place to find a mock up to line my steel optic and air gap on the counter above a brushed SS sink. Does anyone else dislike the ugly looking air gaps? I love the look of the Rohl air gap, but don't like the price. I am getting it though!

Thanks everyone!

• Julie B
    3 years ago

I love these threads as I was thinking the same thing!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths