Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen sink

Posted by tstrombotn (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 14:45

Has anyone installed an American Standard Prevoir double sink? Did you have any issues with your granite fabricator?

I really didn't like the looks of granite seams, and I have a long stretch of counter that will require a seam. I know everyone does under-mount sinks with granite, but I found this American standard Prevoir double sink that is stainless from the backsplash to the front of the counter, so it will hide any seams I need to have. So despite the expense, after finding it for half the suggested retail online, I bought it. My husband justified the expense in the "I won't have to listen to her complain about this until the end of time" category!

But my granite fabricator has not seen this sink before. so I was just wondering if there was anything special I could tell them so I get this flawless looking countertop and sink combination.

Any input would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen sink

I googled this sink but didn't find one that was stainless from the backsplash to the front. Can you post a picture? I would assume that if there is a seam in the back in the center which would be covered according to your description of the sink, there would be a seam in the front as well but you are saying the sink goes from "front to back" so there is no countertop surround at all on the sink? Is it a farmhouse front?

o
RE: kitchen sink

know your numbers. The distance this sink covers, front to back. What is this distance?

Then, what is the "depth" of your counter?

The sink has to cover the same distance as the counter depth. It is designed to cover the space from the backsplash to the front of the counter. Very good plan. Btw, I wouldn't pay thousands for it. I would buy an Ikea sink or two and have a welder make the folded steel panel that copies the countertop and he would weld it onto the sinks. This is what is done inside the factory anyway, so why not control the whole process yourself? And, there are sink companies willing to do it all to your specifications: Franke and Rachiele are two that come to mind right now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here