Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do all microwaves beep? (In search of beep-less microwave!)

Posted by AboutToGetDusty (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 12 at 14:42

Hi, we have a new kitchen with a small old microwave that can be hidden by a door. I hate the thing because it beeps! Not just a little soft beep, but a loud, obnoxious beep that beeps at every button push. Does anyone have a microwave that doesn't beep, or offers the opportunity to turn the volume down (or off)? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do all microwaves beep? (In search of beep-less microwave!)

My microwave, a 10 year old GE Spacemaker, has a keypad button
that reduces the beep level by steps, turning it off entirely at the
final step. I would imagine this is a standard feature nowadays.

o

We have an older ( about 10 years) microwave (GE countertop model) and we were able to mute the beep. You need to have the manual or look it up on line but I think you should be able to get one where the beep can be muted if you choose.

o

I have a brand new spacemaker and I don't think I have that feature. Will need to read the manual.

o

Thanks, I'll look at the GEs. I need a small countertop microwave. Mine is not GE - maybe that's why.

o

Most appliances give you the option to select the audible beeps or mute the sounds. Check the manual or if you don't have the manual available, you can most likely check the manufacturer's website to find the manual online.

o

I just read my manual and then went on line to search the manual. There is nothing in there to lower the volume of the beeps or to turn them off. Make sure before you buy that there indeed is a way to turnoff/lower beeps.

o

I had to go push a few buttons to answer your question. Yes, my Kenmore OTR MW beeps when you push buttons. I think I like the beeps. It tells me that I actually hit a button, unlike the ATM keypad at the grocery store where I didn't push a button hard enough when entering my pin and then had to figure out why it didn't like my debit transaction. Hope you find an "off button" for yours.

o

Our Sharp MW drawer doesn't beep when you push the buttons...drives dh nuts. I like it! :)

o

Good question! I don't mind it beeping when I push the buttons, but it beeps really loudly when it's done. I wish I could turn it down, but I don't think I can. It's just a little Frigidaire countertop MW.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here