Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cabinet color

Posted by peapod14 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 14:41

does anybody have any idea/suggestions on how you could recreate the color of the cabinets in this photograph?:

http://www.selectkitchenandbath.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Kitchen-Lighting-Tips.jpg

Can it be accomplished through stains and tints, or is it the wood?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cabinet color

The dark cherry? It can be recreated with a number of things, depending on your starting surface. I used paint and glaze over an oak vanity in the bathroom off SO's game room.

I'm not so sure I'd want to do it in something as large as my kitchen, however. Can you post of picture of the cabinets you'll be starting with?

o
RE: cabinet color

If you share a photo it would help to determine what to suggest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here