Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garbage disposals under a farmhouse sink??

Posted by homeimprovementmom (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 14:29

I would like to have a single bowl, white farmhouse/apron front sink and a garbage disposal. I am specifically looking at a batchfeed Insinkerator (but have yet to hear from them if they make a batch feed with a 1hp) or a batchfeed Waste King. In my searches I have found that farmhouse sinks mostly are fired clay or cast iron.

If you get a fired clay sink will it break when you put in the garbage disposal? Will the vibration of the garbage disposal cause hairline cracks or breaks?

What farmhouse sink do you have with what garbage disposal that works and no breaks or cracks? Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garbage disposals under a farmhouse sink??

I have a insinkerator 3/4hp pro compact excel under my 30in shaw sink. Read threads on this site warning you to not over tighten when installing GD.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

• Posted by GWlolo 9b/ Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 19:06

Duplicate..

This post was edited by GWlolo on Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 19:10

o

Thank you for the photo and the reply. Both a very helpful! Is there a reason why you went with the 3/4hp pro compact excel as opposed to the Evolution Cover Control Plus InSinkErator? Did you consider the Waste King with your Shaw sink?

o

I have had bad experience with waste king. 3/4 hp was sufficient and I wanted continuous feed. The insinkerator I chose is compact and had lower weight than many of the others. I did not particularly care for cover control.

o

Had insinkerator continuous feed in both of my Fireclay sinks for 6 1/2 years with no problems; do not over-tighten the mounting flange@!
Casey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here