Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BS Help! New Here!

Posted by sbanks022 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 14:27

Hey Guys! I'm super excited to ask for your expert opinions! The picture I uploaded shows the color of our cabs (pic provided by someone here on GW) which is SW Creamy, the wall color, which is SW Mindful Gray, and our granite. This is a poor representation of our granite. It does have the red spotting, but is very white with black/gray accents. Not that horrid pink color in the pic. I'm struggling with a BS! I want to do a white subway tile, but will that be too much white? Any suggestions would be great!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BS Help! New Here!

forgot to mention that we are having a white farm sink too. Thanks!

o

Too much white? Maybe BUT there are tons of all white kitchens that are beautiful. When I see lots of white in a kitchen (and it's done right) I think it's a very classic and timeless design that will look good for a very long time. So to answer your question, I'd say No, if it's done right. That's the part that could get tricky. I'm sure yours will look beautiful. If you pick a strong color backsplash or a busy one then your entire kitchen will likely focus on the backsplash but with white I think it will expand the area.

Good luck!

o

You could also pick up the grey of the wall color in a glass tile like this mosaic. It looks a little green in the image, but you get the idea.

The other option is to use the bs to infuse some subtle color into the space. Do you like earth tones, blues, greens?

Here is a link that might be useful: grey

o

It looks like you may have the same granite at Petra's. I believe hers was Luna Pearl. You can see how she added some color to her white kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Petra66

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here