Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
replaceing halogen light bulb in my stove hood

Posted by kayla47 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 14:24

I have a Zephyr stove hood it has 2 halogen light bulbs 50 watt that are suppose to twist counter clock wise 30 degrees and come out. they have a suction cup twister which I sent for but still can not get them to budge. how can I replace these bulbs? Please help I need suggestions on how to remove these so I can get new ones in.
Thanks
Connie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: replaceing halogen light bulb in my stove hood

Did you try pushing them in a bit while turning? Many halogen bulbs are seated that way.

o

I have the same problem. One bulb twisted easily and dropped into my hand; the other one, not. A handy friend managed to get the reluctant one out, but the bulb failed again soon. I fiddled and fiddled with it, gave up, and finally mentioned it to DH. He reached up and it plopped down into his hand, I do have carpal tunnel and limited strength in my hands; so maybe asking someone else to try might help. I think you may have to have strong hands and hold your mouth exactly the right way to get it to work.

Best of luck!
Sara

o

Interesting. I also have a Zephyr hood with two halogen bulbs. So far they have not needed to be replaced. But I'd totally forgotten about the suction cup thingie. It's sitting in my junk drawer in the kitchen and I had forgotten what it was for.

o

I had issues getting mine out of a different brand hood as well. Just wanted to point out that replacement bulbs need to be shielded bulbs to withstand the range heat. The halogen bulbs come in the same box and all look the same to me, but the shielded ones cost about twice as much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here