Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

100 sq. foot minimum on the Fireclay thin brick

deedles
10 years ago

Bummer. I only need about 20 sq. ft.
A local company that handles their stuff called them and they said no exceptions. She suggested I look at Seneca tile. They have a thin brick, too.

Onward.

Comments (23)

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Yep, took it off the list in my case, too. I think their tile comes in a similar dimension though. But sometimes similar isn't good enough.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear. I forget where you are so this may be of no use. They do have a 'boneyard' - worth checking if you are able to make the trip. (Or to send one of our stalwart GW friends in to pick up some samples).

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm in Wisconsin :(. I just got an email from Fireclay telling me that they are sending the Fern sample. I'm really hoping it absolutely doesn't go with the stove.

• ott2
    10 years ago

Hi Deedles,
    I am using an Ann Sacks thin brick in my kitchen. It is called Foundation Brick. I am using the color "Fox", but there is a really neat greenish color called "Moss". A different green than your Fireclay brick, but could possibly work well with your great range and sink. The bricks are much nicer in real life, and the texture is beautiful. Might be worth a look. Your kitchen is going to be so perfect!

• mudhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Ooh, that tile above is just gorgeous!

If it helps, I've been following your threads too, and noticed that Ann Sacks also has a color named Pistachio, available in a number of different tiles, that might work with your range. Your range looks a bit more yellow in the picture on my monitor (but maybe something like this would work, in real life?)

The top two are from the Laura Kirar series, bottom two from the Circa series, under Art Tiles. I think you can go to the website and enter "pistachio" in the search box to bring up the series of designs available in that color, if you think it might work. The website does not show all the styles in all the colors...just a few samples of this color, so I think there are lots more designs to choose from than the four I grabbed above (I just grabbed the only pistachio examples I could find.)

www.annsacks.com

I read through the FAQ on their site, it doesn't mention a minimum, but I think you'll have to track down a dealer to obtain a sample. (Nothing is easy, eh?)

I have enjoyed reading about your progress, I think your kitchen will be beautiful and unique.

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

corgimum: I'll check out the Seneca tiles.. aloe is a possibility. Looks a bit too blue though...
    The gal at the local shop told me the Fireclay thin brick is 15.99 a sq. ft... I was surprised it wasn't more than that.

I'll check out Ann Sacks... I have a heck of a time navigating that website.

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey mudhouse, thank you for the info. The true stove color is not quite so grassy green as it is rendering. More to a mint green with more yellow than blue, if that makes any sense. The Chambers company called it mint green, I believe.

I will check out the tile. We have an Ann Sacks store about an hour from my house... I was in there once... I had never seen such gorgeous tile in my whole life.

Okay, called the place, I have a sample of that mint tile on the way. 15.00/ sq. ft. And no minimums!

It might be too blue but we'll see....

This post was edited by deedles on Sat, Aug 17, 13 at 13:10

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ooo. I like this Ann Sacks tile. 7/8 x 1 7/8 brick in mint. So cute.

• mudhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Oh good, glad you have an Ann Sacks showroom not too far away. I don't think there is one in my entire state. I agree their website takes a lot of work. I think their selection is so massive it just takes a lot of clicking and digging, to see what they have. I have blundered around in there enough so I am not quite as overwhelmed as I used to be.

I suspect the Chambers color is going to be hard for you to match, exactly. I tried to look for tiles that had a mottled look, or range of colors (more forgiving than trying to match a single solid color.) I found the choices below on this page to the Ann Sacks basics, supposed to be their more reasonably priced lines, $4 to $14 per square foot. (My budgets are always scrawny, so I try to look for less expensive stuff out of habit.)

Ann Sacks Basics

Upper left: Ann Sacks Nottingham Silver Moss
    Upper right: Ann Sacks Slate Olivewood
    Lower left: Ann Sacks Beaulieu II Ivy Blend
    Lower right: Ann Sacks Trend Brillante

Maybe a thin accent line of something in this color range, set into a field of a solid light warm gray, and maybe a solid surface countertop material in a matching light warm gray...? I understand completely your concerns about keeping things light. I have a dark kitchen too.

I wondered if something like a slate (upper right) would have some coppery tones that acknowledged the copper sink and backsplash colors. So hard to tell from a monitor screen.

I dunno, I think you may just have to tell DH to load the Chambers into the truck and drive to the Ann Sacks showroom. ;-)

It's just too much fun to doodle around with the lovely color of your range...thanks for letting me play. (Doodling for Deedles?)

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

Deedles- Looks like I've missed a few posts :)

What is your counter top color, again? Is it white or green? And is this tile for the backsplash on each side of your range?

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mudhouse: those are all lovely tiles. I'm interested to see if this mint would work and you know the color I saw somewhere in that site that looks the closest to my stove is called 'zen'. I think I posted it on another thread but once I get my cabinet finish (soon) nailed down, then I'm going to get the counter and BS chosen for once and for all. I have always felt like slate had promise IF I could pick the tiles that I liked. If I must, DH can take off the smaller door cover and I could take that with me. I may have to, lol. Doodle all you want. That's where the best ideas have come from!

Lav: Oh, we were just (once again) fooling around with some ideas. You haven't missed anything other than I ordered a sample of that Ann Sacks small brick tile above in mint. Like I told mudhouse, I'm going to finalize the counter and bs once I get the cabinet finish worked out. Going to see the cab guy monday and then I'm going to start asking to see some finish samples on the white oak. It's getting closer, though! Framing up in the kitchen finished today... next is the pantry/fridge area!

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

That's wonderful! I'm so excited for you...can't wait to see pictures and join you for a 'virtual' cup of tea, in your new kitchen :)

• eam44
    10 years ago

I'm sorry Dee - I got you into this. Quel bummer indeed. I think you should still get your sample from Fireclay to see if it's the right color. Perhaps the company can recommend a reasonable course of action for you if you contact them directly.

If they require a minimum purchase on all their tile I should stop recommending them.

• eam44
    10 years ago

My guess is we'll have to look for either the color or the texture. Fireclay has a quick-ship Express series that comes in a color called "Atlantic". You might want to get a sample of this as well.

Fern
    {{!gwi}}

Atlantic
    {{!gwi}}

Canvas from Heath Ceramics
    {{!gwi}}

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lav: you are always welcome for a virtual or real cup of tea! I will post pics, of course :)

EAM: I did get an email from Fireclay saying they are sending the fern thin brick. I was wondering if I could call them directly and see if there is anyway to get my small amount added on to someone elses larger run? Figured it might be worth a shot.
    and then ask if it's ALL their tile or just the thin brick that has a minimum. That atlantic is beautiful, too.

I've got a sample of the mint color from the Ann Sacks site coming as well.

Also thinking about slate that tens to the green...

• eam44
    10 years ago

It'll all work out somehow, and absolutely call them directly. I really hope Fireclay figures out a way for you to get what you need. Keep us posted!

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Not all Fireclay tile has the large minimum of the thin brick.

Be careful what you become attached to at Ann Sacks, it's easy to find yourself liking something that's $75, $100 or $300 a square foot.

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Not all Fireclay tile has the large minimum of the thin brick.

Be careful what you become attached to at Ann Sacks, it's easy to find yourself liking something that's $75, $100 or $300 a square foot.

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

EAM44: I will call them if the thin brick turns out to be the most perfect thing ever.

Palimpsest: I can believe that. I went in there a couple years ago and wanted to buy tile just because it was so beautiful... just to have it!

• blondelle
    6 years ago
    This is only $7.95 a sf on mesh. You don't want to match the greens. Too matchy-matchy. I think a soft brown subway will set off the green more.
  • cpartist
    6 years ago

Blondelle, this thread is almost 5 years old. :)

• blondelle
    6 years ago
    Oh well, maybe what I posted could helps someone else. I don't think they have their minimum any more as I was given a shipping quote on 30 sf. on the thin brick.