Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brushed nickel or stainless steel faucet?

Posted by sunnylund (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 13:54

Hello, I am getting granite countertop and thinking of replacing faucet. Do you like nickel brushed or stainless steel and why?
Which one do you think easy to maintain?
Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brushed nickel or stainless steel faucet?

I have Moen classic stainless in my kitchen. It's easy to keep clean. Doesn't seem to have water spots.

I have Danze brushed nickel in the upstairs bathroom. It not only shows all waterspots, but the clear coat peeled in spots. I prefer SS.

o

I prefer SS too.

o

I much prefer a polished anything to brushed. To me, no offense meant to anyone, brushed finishes look cheap.

o

I, on the other hand, like brushed metal finishes, just not for a faucet. I don't think you'll be sorry going with a SS faucet - easy to keep clean and they look great.

o

I think it depends on what you have in the kitchen. We have a black cast iron sink and brushed nickel looked the best with it and our other appliances.

o

How about brushed/satin SS? I have brushed Nickel and really like it, but I would also be OK with brushed SS.

We all have preferences and opinions - to me, polished reminds of the cheap chrome faucets in restrooms - as BreezyGirl said, no offense meant to anyone else's preferences (sorry BreezyGirl).

I find "brushed" or "satin" finishes hide water spots, etc. better than polished.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here