Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Gooster, ? about your Modern Aire hood

lisa_a
9 years ago

Gooster, would you please take a close-up photo or two of your Modern Aire hood? I've love to see the underside with its lights, switches and baffles.

What made you choose Modern Aire? Are you happy with it?

Thank you!

Comments (6)

• Gooster
    9 years ago

Here's the underside of the hood, showing the baffles and simple controls. We are very happy with it and it seems to be keeping the effluent away from the marble bs.

We were looking for a hood that was not a typical pyramid shape and not entirely stainless steel. Modern-Aire had a qood reputation here, the VAH quote process through the regional distributor was extremely slow, and we found the build and material quality to be higher with the MA. On top of that, the lead time was shorter and it was built in-state. The kicker was it ended up being less expensive (different shapes, similar finishes).

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

I know you asked specifically about Modern-Aire, but I thought I would chime in and share. In the search for my hood, I had narrowed it down to Modern-Aire and Prizer. While both excellent quality hoods, I found the fit and finish of the workmanship on the Prizer to be more to my liking.
    Not saying anything against Modern-Aire, but just in case you are still shopping, it might have been a brand you overlooked...

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, gooster! I love your hood. We don't have a local dealer so I'll go to MA directly, which is a good deal from what others here have posted. Fingers crossed the hood is within our budget.

We're not doing cabs on either side of the hood, just wall between hood and back door and hood and window. This way we get to keep our 48" window, which is a priority for me (centering the hood on the wall would have meant a 38" window). I want and need the hood to be able to stand alone without looking like we forgot something.

• lisa_a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I missed your post, ctycdm, because we were posting at the same time.

I hadn't heard of Prizer before but I saw them listed on A J Madison's site. Thanks for the recommendation! I'm adding them to my list of hoods to consider. (and yes, I'm still shopping!)

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Gooster: what are the small silver knobs in the center under hood? I have a modern-aire hood still sitting in the box , so I'm curious. It seems we have similar taste in sources. Although at the last minute we decided not to go with upholstered chairs you have, we did get something else from same source. I think it ships this week! One step closer to reveal

• Gooster
    9 years ago

@lisa-a: You are welcome! Good luck in your hunt. I think MA and Prizer have their own different shapes, so you'll have plenty of styles to choose from.

@Mags438: They are variable dial controls for the fan and lights. I don't know if they've changed the designs, but we prefer these knobs. Look forward to your reveal.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH