Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with gaps on sides of oven

Posted by monicabed (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 13:42

I am helping a friend "revamp" her kitchen and she has these awful gaps on the sides of her oven. Any ideas on how to cover/hide/fill them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with gaps on sides of oven

They sell a small cabinet in a lot of discount stores that's a "pull out laundry organizer". Cut that way too long overhang off of the cabinet, shove the range over next to the cabinet where it belongs, and then put the organizer next to the wall. It's what I did in my first apartment. I had a vent above my range though, so that made it where the vent was off center of the range. I didn't care. All it did was blow greasy smoke around the apartment anyway for me to scrub off of the walls. Which you're probably dealing with for the porous brick and no vent situation. So, next step would be to see if the venting situation could be resolved, and if not, maybe an easier to clean backsplash could be installed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here