Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctn30

If you have white shaker style cabinetry...

CTN30
9 years ago

Post a picture of your cabinet hardware. I'm having a hard time deciding what I really want.

Comments (24)

• Susan St. Pierre
    9 years ago

Hey There! Remember me... we are doing similar things with our kitchens (white shaker cabs, dark counters, bluish/greenish backsplash...)

Here's what I chose. Truthfully, I was having decision fatigue and I decided that for now I just didn't care that much so I chose something safe. I may change them down the road, but for now, I'm really happy with these. Plus, they were a very economical choice.

Handles, on drawers and large pantry doors (trust me, it makes sense in my kitchen)

and

Knobs for all cabinet doors other than the big pantry doors.

p.s. did you choose a backsplash tile? I think we are going to end up with glass tile.

• thisishishouse
    9 years ago

No install pix yet, but we just ordered these. White shaker inset cabs (Shiloh). Like the idea of black on white, but basic black was too flat/plain. Went with ORB knobs & pulls:

• akl_vdb
    9 years ago

I'm using the Amerock Rochdale. Actually on here now to try to figure out what size to get for my uppers!

Here is a link that might be useful: pulls

• sevrm
    9 years ago

I don't have my white Shaker cabinets yet, but they're on order. FWIW, the man at the cabinet hardware store told me that with Shaker cabinets, one should have not have rounded hardware. As he said, "You won't be getting the most out of your Shaker cabinets." He said that the hardware should have straighter lines. Hoping that he knows what he's talking about, I plan to get Hickory "Bridges" pulls.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hickory Bridges

• rebunky
    9 years ago

My cabs on order too. Schuler, white icing, sugar creek. I am with OP and would love to see pictures. I'm leaning towards the ORB.

• CTN30
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Of course I remember you, Susie! We did decide on the fireclay "nautical" tile, though have not ordered it yet.

The challenge I'm having with the door hardware is that I can't decide if I want a brushed nickel type finish or the dark "oil rubbed bronze". I thought I was definitely going to go with the brushed nickel, but was looking at a friend's kitchen earlier and thinking maybe I did want the bronze after all.....

• kompy
    9 years ago

I did Jeffrey Alexander Belcastel Series in Polished Nickel. Knobs on ALL uppers, handles/pulls on ALL lowers. I did matching latches on my upper small doors at the ceiling.

The link is below to see the hardware in detail. I did the larger than standard 3" size....They were about 4 5/8" long.

KOMPY

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeffrey Alexander Belcastel

• Susan St. Pierre
    9 years ago

We also debated a bit about the ORB finish. But we felt the brushed nickel was more modern, and our kitchen has been edging more modern the further along we get in the process. We chose a very modern looking stainless faucet (Grohe Minta) that has a big presence in our small kichen, and it just wouldn't have worked at all with the ORB finish on the hardware. So, in the end, it was a clear choice for us.

Congrats on the tile choice! Nautical is so beautiful!

• Muffett
    9 years ago

I went Amerock brushed nickel 128mm arches for everything.

• kompy
    9 years ago

I did polished nickel and I don't think it's too modern. I think it can be very vintage. I think it looks perfect in my house (c. 1925). Polished chrome was often used in the 20's-50's.

A lot depends on your home, the countertops, backsplash, flooring and cabinet finish. You must take all those things in to account before making a decision. ORB would not have looked very good in my kitchen.

Here's another photo farther back.

KOMPY

• northcarolina
    9 years ago

Amerock Westerly in graphite. We have pulls on the lowers and T-knobs on the uppers.

A photo of them on my drawers is the first one posted in the "Love or regret dish drawers?" thread.

On the Amerock site: http://amerock.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=westerly

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread: Love or regret dish drawers?

• illinigirl
    9 years ago

I was looking for hardware that was clean lined, with just enough detail to be interesting without being fussy, yet maintained traditional feel (ie not too modern looking). I found it with the Jeffrey Alexander belcastel series. I love it!

[IMg]

[/IMG]

[Img]

[/IMG]

• illinigirl
    9 years ago

BTW I did just what kompy did. Knobs on uppers, pulls on lowers, and latches on my glass upper uppers (knobs on wood upper uppers that are on a different wall)

• funkelsgw
    9 years ago

Here you go.

• kompy
    9 years ago

Illinigirl, Don't you love the Belcastel???? Your kitchen turned out great!!!!!!!

• illinigirl
    9 years ago

Yes kompy I love it! Thank you! We are pleased with the form and function of our kitchen. I still don't have the pulls up on the lower drawers and cabinets under and next to the range. I ordered the 12" centers for the 38" wide drawers under the range and they are actually admittance pulls so they are not just longer but thicker and bigger profile over all. My mom and husband thinks it's OK for them to be like that because of the mass of the range top right there. I don't know what do you think? The next size down is the 6" and that's too small I think for a38" wide drawer. Don't really want to do 2 pulls on one drawer......

• marxmail
    9 years ago

I just had hardware put on yesterday. So far I really like the bin pulls. I wanted a latch with turn knob for under my sink but it couldn't be mounted with the edge on the cabinet. I just purchased the pulls from Amazon.

As you can see from the picture we have a little bit of work remaining. It sure has been three long months.

Good luck.

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

We used these pulls and coordinating knobs. If they're done painting in the kitchen tomorrow I will try to get an installed photo for you.

[Contemporary Bathroom[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/contemporary-bathroom-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_712~s_2103) by Chicago Kitchen & Bath Fixtures Clark & Barlow Decorative Hardware

• mgmum
    9 years ago

I was on a very small budget, so I used Lowe's store brand Style Selections Venice Arch 3" brushed nickel/stainless. I bought a bulk pack that luckily had exactly the amount I needed. :)

A couple of people who saw the kitchen IRL have mentioned them because they seem to mimic the handle on the fridge and microwave. Same gentle curve. They are comfortable too, you know how some pulls are pretty but feel bad in your hand? These feel nice.

• CTN30
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks guys. This is all really helpful!

On an unrelated note, my stove was installed yesterday!

• ssdarb
    9 years ago

We used Jeffrey Alexander hardware: Bremen pulls on the drawers and Durham knobs on the cabinets in satin nickel finish. The pulls have some detail on them that I really like. Also when comparing, I liked the comfortable feel of the JA hardware in several of the styles.

• ssdarb
    9 years ago

Oops, here is the JA knob "Durham"

• eliseharrison
    6 years ago

illingirl, do you happen to have a picture of your 12 inch pull? I have a 36 inch drawer and would like to see what the belcastle hardware looks like in the larger size. Thank you!