Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I know everyone's gotta monetize their site, but jeez . . .!

Posted by MizLizzie (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 13:29

These new pop-up ads in the text of posts are driving me bonkers. I have more often than not simply stopped trying to read a post because it has become impossible. And the same ones just keep popping up over and over, with no x-out option. Is anyone else seeing them? Is it just my iPad? Is there a setting i can use to block or move them? I don't mind the ads on the side banner, or even the old pop-ups, but these new ones make me want to move the conversation elsewhere.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I know everyone's gotta monetize their site, but jeez . . .!

Use weblock on the iPad. I just had to reactivate mine because it was driving me nuts, too. So far, so good!

o

Thanks for the tip as they drive me bonkers as well.
Is that a setting or an app?
Thanks
A2gemini
BTW- if you tap somewhere else on the screen, it does pop off until you hit the next web mine

o

It's an app, and I think it was free. I've had it for a while, so I can't remember.

o

Thanks - will hunt for it when on wireless

o

I only get those on an i-device- not on my android. They are super bothersome on a small screen because you can't help but hit them when you scroll.

o

I bought the ap -- it was $1.99 and I think it will be worth it -- but too stupid to get it to work. Time to call for IT backup. Thanks for the info, tho.

o

Have you ever looked at the text that gets embedded into your post to create those pop ups? I have deleted a message and started over rather than trying to edit a post with all that in there.

o

Thanks! I hate those stupid popups. I constantly click by accident and they cover the pats so you can't read them. I've downloaded the app, so far so good!

o

Thank u!! They pop up but are blank and go away faster.

o

Agreed. They are completely annoying and make me not want to visit the site as much. I would consider the adblocker but $1.99?? Just not that motivated...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here