Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovecookie

Finalizing cabinets, P&F or Medallion -- frameless?

ILoveCookie
9 years ago

We've finalized our new kitchen layout, and selected all the appliances. Now we just need to finalize the cabinets.

We want the most basic Shaker style and all-plywood construction, with stained solid wood frame and front. Our KD carries P&F and Medallion. She is great to work with, and we want to stick with her.

We initially wanted P&F flush-inset, and changed to P&F full-overlay to cut cost. The quote was $22K for P&F flush-inset wall cabinets and P&F full-overlay base cabinets. We want to stay within $20K (less is better), so for comparison, our KD is getting a quote for Medallion Gold full-overlay with the upgrade to plywood boxes.

Now that we read more about cabinets, we start to think frameless might be more functional, because the (horizontal) stile between two drawers eats up quite a bit of usable space. On the other hand, my husband thinks that inset framed cabinets probably look better than frameless. Hmm...how do we choose? For flush inset, we probably should go with P&F, as some Medallion inset cabinets we saw sit less square than P&F.

Does P&F or Medallion make frameless cabinets? Where could I find more information about it? I checked the door styles page on P&F and Medallion websites, and didn't find anything remotely similar to the word "frameless" or "full access". Maybe there's another name that I am unaware of?

Thank you for reading. So far the cabinets seem to be the most difficult decision to make. We've been going back and forth many times..

This post was edited by ILoveCookie on Mon, Aug 25, 14 at 13:58

Comments (4)