Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nomorebluekitchen

mamadadapaige, an OT question for you...

nomorebluekitchen
15 years ago

In the single sink thread, you mention the 30 minute cycle on your Miele. It seriously cleans a load in 30 minutes? Is this an occasional special need thing, or is this your typical daily use of it?

If the entire DW field has one major shortcoming, it is the nearly 2 hour running time! Crazy. Please update me on your Miele and meanwhile I'm off to do some research on it.

Anita

Comments (11)

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

hi Anita,
    Yes! it seriously cleans the stuff in 30 minutes!! it has seriously changed my life.

I am one to DW mostly everything including pots and pans, so it works really well when we have people coming over as I can run off a load of all the stuff I used to prepare the meal and have it cleaned and put away so that I can have a empty DW for dinner plates and glasses.

I also LOVE the cutlery rack and would never get another DW without one.

Now, a couple of caveats, I do tend to rinse things before they go in and on a few occassions (and i really mean only a few) I have found something that needed to be run through again (such as a plastic spatula that had a little bit of oil residue on it), but for the most part things are clean as a whistle and really quick.

Mine is the Inspira G 2180 - not sure it got the best reviews on the Appliance forum. After we purchased it I got a little nervous in reading the reviews. So far, I am in love! and most particularly with the short cycle and the cutlery rack.

Here is a link that might be useful: miele DW

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Karen,
    I was all set to get the Inspira model and then after reading the reviews here, switched my order to Optima. Is your Inspira quiet? I'm getting my appliances at State Street like you did, and they actually recommended the Inspira.

• malhgold
    15 years ago

mamadada - this is off topic, but where did you find that pic of the kitchen that you posted on my thread about the hood style? Thanks.

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

hi plucky,
    yes, it is super quiet. you don't even know it is on. we were going to get a different DW... I think a Kitchenaid and when we were up at State STreet, we decided on this instead (which is unlike me to buy something without tons of research first). It is definitely working out for me, but I was worried by the reviews.

malhgold, that pic came off of one of my favorite blog spots. link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Milk and Honey Blogspot

• malhgold
    15 years ago

Mamadada - I just wanted to say Thank You!(or not) for turning me on to that blog. I love just about everything she has put on there. I've spent about the last hour looking thru her stuff and then clicking on all the links she's included. I can see this is going to be my latest obsession. I wish she would update the blog more frequently. I have to say that after looking at her blog, I am more convinced than ever that I have picked the right color combinations for my kitchen. She definitely shows alot of black, white and natural wood. Thanks again!

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

malhgold,
    you are so welcome! I actually "met" the author of the blog here on GW... alas, she hasn't been on here recently but I think she is in the thick of it with her renovations. Yes! she has an impressive collection of inspiration photos.

Have you seen the cote de texas blog? (my other favorite!). I'm sort of new to the whole blog thing and am a little obsessed with them recently. below is a link to the other one (I think it must be updated daily as everytime I check it there is something new... I absolutely loved her "something's gotta give" kitchen blog. enjoy!!

Here is a link that might be useful: another great blogspot

• malhgold
    15 years ago

so this is a silly question, but I guess you do have to check these blogs "daily". It's not like when they get updated you can get any sort of email notification, correct? Do you just save them all in your favorites?

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

yes, i just save them in my favorites. i don't check daily... but you can sort through at your leisure. I am not sure if you can get email notification. the cote de texas is a pretty big and well known blog... she might have that feature. did you like that one?

• beantownrenovator
    15 years ago

mama, also check out habitually chic...link below. i love checking it out when i have time to zone out and cyber decorate.

p.s. what's the status of our boston gathering...i think everyone is waiting for you, our leader to make a plan!

p.p.s. i saw that you wrote on rmkitchen's page that a cavalier is the dog for you...i have one and i agree...one would fit GREAT in your kitchen/house!

Here is a link that might be useful: habitually chic

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

hi Beantown,
    thanks for the link!!

re: the gathering, I think we set it up for the first weekend in September and considering how fast moving this forum goes, I figured we could wait a bit to post again...

also, I get so caught up sometimes with the kids, I get distracted. any chance you'd want to take over the planning? if not, no worries, i can do it.

how is your reno coming?

• malhgold
    15 years ago

Stop the insanity!!!!! I don't have time to keep up with all these blogs!! Bad enough I'm on GW all the time.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths