Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another opinion please requested for mirrored cabinets

Posted by scrappy25 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 13:09

Mirrored cabinets over the hood : Yes or no?

photo photo_zpsa29a60f1.jpg

I have decided to use mirrored (rather than glass, to hide the contents) cabinet fronts on the 3 cabinets fronts to the right of the kitchen window (window is located at the base of the U). I added mirrored fronts on the 2 doors over the hood to the left of the kitchen window to balance out the 3 on the right. Do you think they should stay or be changed to regular fronts? ( It does not work to mirror the cabinet doors beside the range hood, they are too tall and skinny).

thanks!
It's nervewracking to be signing off and now I am second guessing my prior decisions ugh.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another opinion please requested for mirrored cabinets

No. Not there.

o

No, I would not think that would work out....does not fit this style all that well

o

I can see the appeal of mirror, shine all that light around. But, based on your rendering, readed or seed glass would fit the style better. I woudn't do over the range. I at least wound't really want that to be where my eyes travel when I enter the room. Do put in something you like in the cabinet by the sink. You will see it all the time as you work and it should make you happy.

o

ok thanks everyone, I think we have a consensus. Appreciate your help!

o

No, not there. The hood is enough and I think I would prefer clutter inside the cabinets or designs in the glass, rather than mirror.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here