Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions/comments on these finishes so far please!

Posted by homebuyer23 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 4, 13 at 13:08

What do you think of these choices so far?

The only thing that's for certain is the cabinets, they're BM White Dove. And I will have a small island that's coffee stained cherry.

I'm pretty close to officially choosing this granite, leathered steel gray.
On the island I have a sample of Cambria torquay.

The backsplash can certainly wait to be finalized but I think I really like this one, its Asian statuary marble.
And the dark wall paint is BM Kingsport gray.

Do you like these choices together?

If so, any ideas for hardware finishes? I'm always drawn to oil rubbed bronze, what do you think? Or should I go chrome/nickel.

Lighting... I need a single pendant/small chandelier over my island and a dining room chandelier.
More oil rubbed bronze...? Im drawn to it but wonder if the dark walls & orb hardware & lighting is too much dark, even with the white cabs?

Should I lighten up the walls? Or go with lighter hardware? Try again to find a light counter I like (its been impossible).

Or am I on the right track?
thanks for looking and any thoughts!

photo DSC_0086_zps2fb20be8.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions/comments on these finishes so far please!

it looks a little somber.The expanse of dark counter with the walls is worrying. Is there somewhere in the mix you could lighten up or bring in some color? perhaps this is just your personal taste.....just not sure.

o
RE: Suggestions/comments on these finishes so far please!

Hi Homebuyer23~
I have a similar palette in my kitchen and I, too, would caution you about the paint color for your walls. While I like the juxtaposition of the white cabs with the paint, it is reading very taupe to me (although this could be my monitor). We have painted varying shades of grey in our current home and the biggest trouble we had was balancing the "right" tone with our other selections. I found myself constantly walking the line between being too blue-ish and too taupe-y. This is in no way a criticism of your color; I actually like it very much. I'm just wondering if it will be a good match with the cooler tones in your backsplash and island. HTH!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here