Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deb52899

Ordered Pendants!

Debbi Branka
11 years ago

So the island has been complete for a couple months now and I'm trying to find pendants I love. Thank you to whoever it was that pointed me to George at Rejuvenation! I love George!! I also like Arrowwood and even Flanders, and think the shade I chose on those fixtures matches the marble and the ogee edge well. I'm so indecisive! I ended up ordering 1 George and 1 Arrowwood yesterday. When they come in, I will see which one I like the best and return the other one. Then I can order the rest of the pendants I need. I'm planning 3 over the tall part of the island and 2 over the shorter table part. I'm thinking on the ceiling it will make a "T" shape. We will be taking out the ceiling fixture that just past the table end of the island. Here is the island, and the 2 pendants I ordered. Thanks for looking!

George:

Arrowwood:

I liked Flanders too, but didn't order it to try it:

I realize I will lose the shipping cost, but I just needed to see them in person.

Comments (15)

• mjocean
    11 years ago

Hi Deb,

I like your choices. The "George" pendant - is the shade blue and what material is the shade?
    Thanks

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, George pendant shade is blue. The description says cobalt, but it sure looks navy. The shade on George is metal. The Arrowwood (and Flanders) shades are glass. Both are 5" shades, so not very big.

Also, we have 8' ceilings and I ordered the pendants 27" (from ceiling to bottom of shade). DH is 6'1". I didn't want them to be in his line of vision. Do you all think this is ok?

• mjocean
    11 years ago

Hi,

So far, so good. Best of luck!

• rocketmomkd
    11 years ago

Your island is so pretty! I like George the best, but the others are really nice too. I understand your issue about the drop of your pendants. Ours are on rods and we had to put them at 23" from the ceiling- if I had an additional rod in they would have been directly at hubby's and son's eye level. Mine look a little higher than I'd like. I think 27" sounds fine.

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you MJO and Rocket. Glad to hear 27" sounds fine. I'm so impatient. Once I order something, I want it to be here tomorrow! It says 2-3 weeks and up to 10 days for shipping. Uggh!

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

my vote is Flanders... its different and has a little pizzaz, and the shade is more neutral.
    you can always pick up the blues with your accessories.

if one day down the road you want to paint your kitchen, your kind of locked into blues with "george"... just a thought.

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So the pendants came in. Rejuvenation has really nice stuff! I decided to go with the blue George and I returned the white arrowwood yesterday. I ordered 4 more Georges today :) I kept the 27" length over the tall part of the island and ordered 32" length for the shorter/table part of the island. Can't wait to have them installed!

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The George pendants were installed yesterday. The ceiling joists run the wrong way so the electrician had to cut through every joist (hence all the mudded holes in the ceiling). The look much prettier in person - the picture kind of jumbles everything up I think. Thanks for your votes!

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A different view.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Lovely, definitely worth the wait!

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

I love them and I adore the blue accents in your kitchen!

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Looks awesome! Totally completes your kitchen. I love all the configuration possibilities at Rejuvenation.

Congrats :) :)

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone!

• springroz
    11 years ago

Very nice!!

I completely "get" it!! I have had pendants in a box for months, and CANNOT decide whether I need to put them in the ceiling, or on ebay!!

Nancy

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I love the blue accents and the pendants look very unique, but perfect for the space.