Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hood/insert - please help me

Posted by housebuilder14 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 12:59

So I am going to have 45 inches of burners (three 15 inch combisets). What size hood do I use -- 48 inches? Or should I do custom? What does my insert need to be?
I am so confused by how the hood and blower are chosen. Do they come together? Separate?
Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hood/insert - please help me

I know it is confusing. You may not know enough yet to benefit from a separate thread on this subject, perhaps you want to review threads on the appliance forum about hoods? Here is one overview, but it isn't complete.
A 48" hood would work for you, bigger would be okay too. You will choose between buying an "all-in-one" hood which includes the parts you see from across the room and buying an insert which could be put in a custom surround like cabinetry, or drywall, or copper.

Here is a link that might be useful: venting overview

o

54'' with at least 600 CFM of oomph. 2x that if a grill is part of that setup.

o

I never really did understand it all, so I went with a hood/insert combo from the same company. Life is too short

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here