Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madisonfm_gw

Revere Pewter on an island? Too light?

madisonfm
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of my first home purchase and it is new construction (making the decision process so difficult!)

It is a large open concept main floor, with the kitchen, dining room and living room in one open area.

My dilemma is in choosing the kitchen colors. My cabinets will be painted BM Cloud White, my counters are a white/gray mixed quartz (I've attached an image, it is slightly darker in person). I will have an island in the middle of the L shaped kitchen.

I think white on the island will create far too much white for the space. I am thinking about painting the island a gray. Would Revere Pewter be too light and lack a strong contrast? I was debating BM Fieldstone, but its just looking so blue. I can't see the colors in the space as it isn't constructed yet. Anyone have a gray island in their home?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Comments (9)

• neshanicguy
    10 years ago

Our counters are very similar. We went with Martha Stewart Mushroom. Love that color!

• Bunny
    10 years ago

I have Cloud White cabinets (love the color). I think your quartz will look nice with them. Personally I would avoid a blue undertone anywhere, but esp. with the creaminess of Cloud White. What will your floors be? I have dark gray quartz counters so I have good contrast and variety in the tones. I think a darker warm gray would be nice for your island.

Good luck. Be sure to tell us what you end up choosing. Pics would be even better.

• madisonfm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I looked into Martha Stewart's mushroom and I really like it too! The darker tone of it looks really nice

After hours and hours of research on the internet I thought Fieldstone might be a safe bet, but seeing the sample I painted in person, its not for me. It looks so beautiful in Sally's kitchen, but just doesn't quite work for what I was looking for.

My floors are a rustic brown wood with no real obvious color undertones. They are somewhere in-between medium and dark. I'm going to start looking into some darker options!

Thanks so much guys :)

• michelle16
    10 years ago

I struggled with this too, i did the white dove, and then a section in stone harbor gray Bm. It;s alittle darker than the revere pewter, but not too dark.

• robo (z6a)
    10 years ago

I love dark grey so I'd almost be thinking like BM Deep Creek? A lighter one might be BM Sandy Creek Grey but maybe too greigish depending on your space? Willow Creek maybe? Maybe I'm just really into creeks.

• HeatherL623
    10 years ago

I am buying new construction too and am in the process of picking colors. We are going with BM simply white cabinets with white carrara marble countertops and I am painting my island BM kendall charcoal. It's so pretty!! Do a search for kendall charcoal islands on houzz.com. I have an open floor plan as well and am going to paint my walls a light gray. I had looked at revere pewter but found it to be a little too beige for me. I bought a sample of ozark shadows and smoke embers to try out over the weekend! Hopefully j can decide soon so I can stop driving myself crazy :)
    Good Luck to ya!

• aries61
    10 years ago

michelle16: Like your kitchen. Any other pictures?

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

Oh michelle16, your kitchen is really lovely! I love the gray color you selected with the white.

• michelle16
    10 years ago

Thanks guys, if you google the title almost finished...lots of pics there is a thread from this forum with lots of pictures. Backsplash should be coming soon!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!