Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find a backsplash

Posted by wvuchemist (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 12:55

Hi,

I need help finding a backsplash for my new kitchen. I am 26 year old bachelor. I love doing the work but have no sense of style. I have no idea what would match my counter and cabinets.

Any one have any suggestions for me. As much detail as possible (Etc link to website where I can buy backsplash)

Thanks for everyones help. I also want to pain the back wall so a paint color suggestion would be awesome as well with the backsplash.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find a backsplash

Here is a close up of my counter.

I am also going to instal lights underneath my cabinets before I put that backsplash up.

Also around the cut out above the sink. would you only go up below the cabinet or would you put the backsplash all the way up and around it?

Thanks

o
RE: Help me find a backsplash

Hi There - What is the image in the top right corner? Also, what is your budget?

Regarding the sink cutout, It would be fine to stop the tile at cabinet height.

You have a lot of yellow-y browns in your images. Are the colors pretty accurate? If so, I would try to balance those warm tones out by choosing a crisp, cool beige with more grey than yellow, both for paint and for tile. The tiles below are from Glass Tile Oasis (link below).

crema marfil marble mosaic around $17/sf

porcelain bricks around $9/ 9" x 11" sheet

porcelain mini bricks around $9/sf

I like the paint colors featured by Farrow and Ball, but you can have them color matched into any brand of paint. You might like some of these:

"Dimity"

Hardwick White

Bone

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass Tile Oasis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here