Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

About to drill - think this through with me...

brightm
9 years ago

I've had the cord for my UCL just run across the upper backsplash area behind my range up til now (week or two). I wanted to wait until the vent hood was installed before drilling into the cabinets to string it between the two hidden.

I should have JUST enough cord to go through the cabinet above the vent hood. A couple of inches to spare.

But the vent hood is set out from the wall because of my 13" deep uppers. So I could run it behind the vent hood. Right now it's just a cavern back there, but I plan to do something to close it up after I tile the back splash.

I think the right thing to do is to go through the cabinet above the vent hood. But I want confirmation before I drill through my cabinets.

It's a 36"wide vent hood and cabinet above. The sides of the flanking wall cabinets would add 1.5" The vertical space it still needs to travel on the left to get up to where the hole would be is 11.5". That's 49". I have 52" before the plug on the end of the cord. that will put the plug safely through into the cabinet and able to connect to the splitter that's serving as the female/female connection for two plugs. I'm a bit concerned about the splitter dangling there, but I could tape it to the side of the cabinet if there's not a shelf for it to sit on in the right spot and it is weird dangling.

Am I good to go? Is that the better plan than taking the shorter route behind the vent hood itself?

This post was edited by cal_quail on Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 13:15

Comments (6)