Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beekeeperswife - OT question about your tub fixture

Posted by Mom23Es (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 12 at 12:52

I was looking through my clippings, and I noticed your semi flush light fixture over your tub. Where did you get that? How tall are your ceilings? I'm sure it won't meet code to get our OP, but there seems to be plenty of space. I only have 8' ceilings in our master bath, so I had given up on anything besides a flush mount.

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beekeeperswife - OT question about your tub fixture

Hi Mom23Es. We went to final inspection with that capped off. Then the electricians popped back over and hooked up the electrical part of this light for me. I had the task of installing the crystals!

It is from Overstock. If you search for Otis chrome chandelier, you should be able to find it and its sister that isn't a semi-flush mount. They are real glass, not acrylic. It just glistens. It is a knock off of a Robert Abbey light, which costs something like a $1,000. Quite a deal at Overstock, and make sure to get a coupon for an extra 10% off!

I have 8 ft ceilings in the bathroom. The fixture hangs down a total of 18".

Let me know if you need more help.

o
RE: Beekeeperswife - OT question about your tub fixture

Wonderful!!! Thank you so much for all that detail. Plus, you said exactly what I was hoping you'd say. ;) I have had my eye on that overstock fixture, but I had pretty much given up because I thought it would be too tall. It looks like it fits perfectly with 8' ceilings, and it is very pretty installed. It looks so much prettier in your pic that I was worried it was a more expensive one.

The lighting designer proposed a VERY unattractive light to meet code. She couldn't find what she was looking for when i met with her, so I told her she could just find us something. I told her we were just going to replace it when we moved in so something simple and cheap would be fine. Why didn't she suggest capping it?!?!? Instead she added an ugly $80 fixture. Sigh. I'm so glad to have GW and helpful people like you.

Thank you so much! We will be installing that exact light. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here