Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchendetective

Kinda' think we need a Best Quotes thread here

kitchendetective
9 years ago

Starting with this one from Feisty:

For some reason he doesn't think it's a good idea to pick 20 grey colours and agonize over them for the next 2 months. Strange.

Comments (22)

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

Don't have one to add yet, but LOL!

• dcward89
    9 years ago

This may not be exact and I don't know who said it but I laughed forever over it...

Unless you have a vent hood strong enough to suck the toupee off Lorne Greene.

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

The actual quote was "Do you have a vent that would suck the toupee off of Lorne Green?" That hilarious nugget came from hollysprings.

She said it in response to my query about putting glass cabinets on either side of my 42" hood for a 36" cook top. (I have been warned but I still might do it, lol.)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

I write professionally and bow to the hollinator.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

Oh, there are so many I wish I could remember all the quotes that have caused me to spit beer, wine, milk, coffee....
    Here's a recent one that I can relate to:
    (in Europe), "I think they are less inclined to codify the protection of people from their own stupidity than they are here." (U.S.A.)

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

While agonizing over backsplash choices, I posted a picture of a kitchen towel with yellows and greens hung on my DW door handle, marveling at how good the colors looked with my (whitish) cabinet colors, and wondering if I should go for the same colors on my backsplash. Hollysprings' to the point response-paraphrasing here- "Or, you could get a new towel". That one still makes me smile.

Edited after I tracked down original post to include her response.

"You're completely ignoring the red/amber tones in your light. That's a permanent fixture in your kitchen. A towel isn't, even though you might like it's colors. You might like another towels's colors in the future. The main reason that the towel "works" in your kitchen is that it ties in the yellows in your floors and the blue/grays of your marble. "

This post was edited by oldbat2be on Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 0:17

• leela4
    9 years ago

I miss Marcolo and his very dry wit, although holly and Treb do make up for it at times.

For the newbies, I first encountered Marcolo ~4 years ago with a thread he started that was titled "I just poured salad dressing on my corn flakes" or something like that.

And for those having trouble getting pictures into their post:

"Truly programmed by people whose family tree has no branches."

This post was edited by leela4 on Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 14:03

• blfenton
    9 years ago

There was one (I think from Breezygirl) alluding to a clown vomiting all over a room. Obviously I can't remember the exact quote.

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

Marcolo could spin a funny tale. I miss his posts. I wonder what ever happened to him.

For those who missed his funny tale, here's the link to the thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: I poured milk on my salad.

• leela4
    9 years ago

lisa-too funny-I edited my post to change the title of Marcolo's thread as I thought I had remembered it incorrectly. But I had it right the first time.

And I think it was florantha who came up with the "too many clowns" in the kitchen that breezy was referring to.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

ROTFLOL on marcolo's milk on the salad. Even DH enjoyed it after his tough few days.

Paraphrasing florentha but not as funny and not sure the origin - only one diva per kitchen.

This post was edited by a2gemini on Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 15:37

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

We would need a whole sub-section devoted to CEFreeman.

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

Yes, Blfenton. That regrettable phrase about the inspiration photo looking like a clown vomited in the room was from me. I still feel bad about that even though Deedles took it in the spirit it was intended and seems to hold no ill will towards me.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

Not sure who deserves credit for the "Plaid pants and paisley top" quote, but it's such a great visual description!

• bbstx
    9 years ago

"milk on my salad" post made me laugh until I cried!

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Linelle came up with paisley shirt and plaid pants to describe a wild granite with a multi-colored tiled floor. It was genius! Unfortunately, I suspect that poster might wear paisley shirts with plaid pants...

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

I'm tired, but sitting here trying to remember all the things that make me laugh. There are so many! And so many are just innocent comments that bring hilarious pictures to mind.

One butt kitchens, for example.
    Well, it makes me laugh. :)

I'll think of something to share. I guess I could just go through the Week #x accomplishments threads. They're always good for a belly laugh or two. Thank goodness we can laugh at our own foibles. YEAH!

• cani
    9 years ago

lisa, thanks for posting that link. He was hilarious. Was that the last time he posted?

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

cani123, yes, Marcola was hilarious. I miss his posts and him. I can't remember when he last posted but since I wasn't checking GW regularly for about 2 years fam1ly obligations and illness demanded my attention, I'm not the best person to ask.

This post was edited by lisa_a on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 20:16

• musicteacher
    9 years ago

Someone on this board referred to her husband as a "happy otter" at the bathroom sink. I thought that was a sweet way to say what could have been really critical.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

this just in from dcwward89...
    "I would rather gouge my eyeballs out than go back to cooking on electric coils"

• kksmama
    9 years ago

CEFreeman in one of my favorite threads: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg022010486051.html
    "Meds? Who needs MEDs!?" she screamed, waving her arms wildly.
    "More candy," she whispered.

Here is a link that might be useful: E.Y.E. C.A.N.D.Y.