Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any first-hand experience buying table from tablelegs dot com?

Posted by linelle (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 12:23

Have any of you ordered a complete table (top, apron, legs) from tablelegs dot com? I have been looking for a new dining table (matching chairs not required) on and off for years without really finding what I'm after. I'm somewhat limited in space, so 60" long is my preferred length. I've got an old maple hand-me-down table that is bulletproof.

The complete table kit at tablelegs would let me get everything I want design-wise. I think I'd go with either maple or oak, oak allowing me more stain choices (I think). The price, including shipping across the country, is very reasonable. It's about half the price of something somewhat comparable from Room & Board. The rub is, I'd have to assemble it myself. It sounds like it's all drilled and good to go, but wonder if it's that easy. I've assembled a Crate & Barrel media console and just needed help flipping it right-side up.

The other thing is, I'd have to stain and seal it myself. Maybe not a bad thing. It's been a while since I refinished furniture, but I once did my current table and chairs.

So, just wondering if any of you have had direct experience (or know of anyone else who has) with tablelegs dot com. Specifically the quality of the wood, the ease (or not) of assembly, or anything else that might influence my decision.

ETA: I realize there may be other forums (woodworking?) that might seem a better place for this, but the expertise and traffic here can't be beat. :)

This post was edited by linelle on Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 12:25

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any first-hand experience buying table from tablelegs dot com

By all accounts the tables are a breeze to install. The woods they use are excellent, substantially better than you will find in most mainstream furniture.

o

horton, thanks so much for the feedback! That's the feeling I got about quality and ease of putting it together. It's also nice to be able to choose an exact size and leg style, plus the edge as well, at no extra cost. Thanks again!

o

linelle, I'd love to see pics of your table when you get it, with and without the finish.

o

jelly, oh definitely, if that's the way I go. I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to put together upside down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here