Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

Any first-hand experience buying table from tablelegs dot com?

Bunny
10 years ago

Have any of you ordered a complete table (top, apron, legs) from tablelegs dot com? I have been looking for a new dining table (matching chairs not required) on and off for years without really finding what I'm after. I'm somewhat limited in space, so 60" long is my preferred length. I've got an old maple hand-me-down table that is bulletproof.

The complete table kit at tablelegs would let me get everything I want design-wise. I think I'd go with either maple or oak, oak allowing me more stain choices (I think). The price, including shipping across the country, is very reasonable. It's about half the price of something somewhat comparable from Room & Board. The rub is, I'd have to assemble it myself. It sounds like it's all drilled and good to go, but wonder if it's that easy. I've assembled a Crate & Barrel media console and just needed help flipping it right-side up.

The other thing is, I'd have to stain and seal it myself. Maybe not a bad thing. It's been a while since I refinished furniture, but I once did my current table and chairs.

So, just wondering if any of you have had direct experience (or know of anyone else who has) with tablelegs dot com. Specifically the quality of the wood, the ease (or not) of assembly, or anything else that might influence my decision.

ETA: I realize there may be other forums (woodworking?) that might seem a better place for this, but the expertise and traffic here can't be beat. :)

This post was edited by linelle on Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 12:25

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!